Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
DBSTalk E* Spot Beam Guru
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added the New EchoStar-1 to the Spotbeam satellite page at:

http://www.stratuswave.net/~bryan27/dbsbeam.html

If you want to see a spotbeam nightmare look at the Composite of all Maps for this satellite. It makes DTV-4S look like a simple satellite!!!

On the individual maps I enlarged the maps that were at the FCC, made the beam numbers and coverage more readable, and added the TPs in a table like I did for the other satellite maps.

Enjoy :hi:

·
Hall Of Fame
5,345 Posts
LOL! That is one hell of a satellite! It STILL doesn;t have a Cincinnati spot! :) Spot 26 doesn't reach out far east enough. Bit it can serve Lima, Ft. Wayne, Dayton, South Bend, and Evansville.

Thanks for expanding your web site. I saw the original PDF and gave up after page 30 of 61. :)

see ya
Tony

·
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tony, I agree. That PDF was awful! It was slow to move around, and load.

The whole satellite tooks like a "pipe dream" to me. Let alone the massive cost in building it think about the cost of building 210 POPs and running fiber from 210 POPs to an uplink center. Also think about how a company that will already be Billions in debt will afford to pull this off especially when they will constantly loose money on most of the locals packages.

·
Icon
643 Posts
Let's see - it's not April 1 - it's June 1 - so what is "EchoStar-1" ??

·
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kstuart, New EchoStar-1 is the name of the satellite that the merged entity has applied for at the FCC. It's official ITU Designation is USBBS16.

invaliduser88, that's a good one. If the monster launches I really don't want to track what is on each beam :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.