DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
New Texan
11,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received the following letter from Dish Network. It appears to be a form letter mailed em masse to subscribers meant to comply with the FCC ruling regarding second dishes last month.

April 24, 2002

Dear Mark,

DISH Network is happy to announce that on January 1st of this year, new local channels were added to your local channel package. With the addition of these new channels, your local network package will continue to be only $5.99 a month.

In Sacramento, you can receive the following channels:

[List of local channels by network, local channel number, and Dish 8xxx equivelent. Second dish locals are marked with a *]

An asterisk (*) above indicates that you will need a second dish to view these channels. If you wish to receive these channels, we will be happy to install this second dish free of any charge. Just call 1-800-333-DISH (3474) to schedule the installation. If you have any other questions, please refer to our website at www.dishnetwork.com for complete details.

Thank you for helping DISH Network become the fastest growing DBS company and being a valued DISH Network customer.

Sincerely,
Soraya Cartwright
Executive Vice President
Dish Network

Comments?

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
Take them up on it even if you dont intend to take the locals for more then a month or two.

This way you want HDTV you just drop in a new receiver (and TV) and you are all ready to go.

·
Hall Of Fame
7,473 Posts
Oh- I have been taking and intend to keep on taking Raleigh locals, whether or not I get the 61.5 dish. Truth is, I have never found anything on that ONE channel that I would consider watching. Plus, what would I get ? I have an upgraded 4900 and an upgraded 2800 (both capable of Twin cascade), and I currently have 2 Dual LNB's with 2 SW21's. What I REALLY want is a SW64, but what I'm afraid I would get would be a TWIN and mounted dish re-using one of the current Dual's.

G

·
It sure would be nice if they concentrate more on offering locals to us non-city-dwelling second-class yokels rather than offering even more to those who already have them.

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
Unfortunately Anon they go where the money is, which is the heavily populated areas. The smaller Cities will be the last ones up due to the fact those channels will make them the least amount of money.

·
1 Posts
I got the larger dish to get the philly locals. they replaced my dishplayer 7200 and my 2800 with a new 501 and 301 receiver. They also installed a SW64 so I have room for two more receivers (can anyone say 721:). It all cost $0. I highly recommend it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.