DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Mentor
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the Minneapolis area and get FSN North (used to be 641, now 668). Over the weekend when I watching the Twins game, 668-1 (non HD) worked just fine but the 24/7 HD channel (668) did not work and said something along the lines that I haven't purchased that channel. Any reason why the HD channel isn't working for me (yes, I subscribe to HD and get the rest of the HD channels just fine)?

· Mentor
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
syphix said:
I answered in your other thread, too...

I don't even GET a "668-1"...only 668. (and I'm in the same Minneapolis DMA)

I'd restart your box.
Yes, I get both the 668 and 668-1, just like I do with every other channel. Not all games on FSN (Twins, Wild, Wolves etc.) will be broadcast in HD, so I assume they will keep the SD channel as well so you don't have the black bars to deal with on the HD channel.

· Hall Of Fame
1,516 Posts
mtm said:
Yes, I get both the 668 and 668-1, just like I do with every other channel. Not all games on FSN (Twins, Wild, Wolves etc.) will be broadcast in HD, so I assume they will keep the SD channel as well so you don't have the black bars to deal with on the HD channel.
Are you sure you don't get ?:

668 - SD
668 - HD

· Mentor
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dgordo said:
Did you try resetting the box?
Did you try refreshing your programming?
Are you using a favorites list?
No, I have not tried resetting the box yet, I will try that tonight. No favorite list used. The channel number is there, when I click on it it says that I don't get that channel because I haven't paid for it, just like what happens when you try and select a movie channel that you don't subscribe to.

· Hall Of Fame
12,954 Posts
mtm said:
Back to my original question, does anyone know why I am not getting the new, HD channel and am only getting the SD channel?
People are pursuing the -1 line of questioning because you shouldn't be seeing that anymore. That could be related to the problem you are seeing. The -1 channel is gone. Unless you are mis-remembering, this is something wrong with the -1 channel showing up.

A reset may fix it all.

· Mentor
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am home now and here is the deal. I have two 668 channels, the 1st is FSNOHD and the 2nd is FSNO. Only the 2nd channel (SD) works. The 1st (FSNOHD) says "Channel not purchased" when I select it and it is a blank screen. I reset my system and it says the same thing. So, to sum it up, I am getting the SD channel only, not the HD. Thoughts?

· Mentor
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I got it fixed last night. I called a CSR and she resent the info to my box and it worked. She of course didn't know that the channel just went to 24/7 HD, but she got it fixed so I guess that is all that matters.

To the other Twins fan who said he was watching the game in HD, I don't think that broadcast was in HD. If that was HD, it wasn't very good HD.

· Godfather
375 Posts
mtm said:
Well, I got it fixed last night. I called a CSR and she resent the info to my box and it worked. She of course didn't know that the channel just went to 24/7 HD, but she got it fixed so I guess that is all that matters.

To the other Twins fan who said he was watching the game in HD, I don't think that broadcast was in HD. If that was HD, it wasn't very good HD.
The game was in HD no dought about it you probably were watching on th SD channel. I hide the SD duplicates so I do not have two 668's.;)

· AllStar
75 Posts
I was watching 668 tonight and the Twins game was in HD. I was also recording it so I switched over to the Olympics to watch China's kiddie tumblers with fake passports.

When I went back to watch the recording of the game it was in SD. I checked the "more info" and it had recorded channel 668. I had heard of this problem before (recorded SD version instead of HD) but can't remember if there was a work around. I have SD channnels hidden. Any ideas?

EDIT: I am using a HR21-100 and slimline dish.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.