DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Icon
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This new gui is horrible

First, i may be missing something here but...., how do you set channel list to "channels i get" ??? I have been selecting that option in the favorites but it doesnt do anything.

Greyed out channels and non greyed out movie channles all show up in guide and say "not subscribed" when turned to them. Half of the HBO channles are lit up white but say not subscribed on customers who ordered entertainment package that only get shotime for free.

I quit doing software updates on installs and the old gui works perfect. When channels i get is selected it works perfect and immediatly. Also save about 30 minutes per job by not having to deal with the HD gui, and im not talking about saving time by not doing the download.....im actually talking about selecting options, setting resolutions, and naming rooms. All are lightning fast with the SD gui.

I have had several customers complain about how slow directv boxes are now, even the H25's and they never even saw the old SD gui, they were comparing it to the cable boxes i removed......wow way to go directv....

Are they fixing these issues???? do they even know about them??

· Geek til I die
9,822 Posts
Channels I get has been broken for years. Actually, the last box I had where it worked with no errors was a Hughes E86. Ive never had a DirecTv branded box that had that feature work.

· Registered
12,607 Posts
Jodean said:
I quit doing software updates on installs and the old gui works perfect. When channels i get is selected it works perfect and immediatly. Also save about 30 minutes per job by not having to deal with the HD gui, and im not talking about saving time by not doing the download.....im actually talking about selecting options, setting resolutions, and naming rooms. All are lightning fast with the SD gui.

"Channels I Get" works the same on the old SD user interface as it does on the new HD GUI.

I don't think you're doing customers any favors by not downloading the latest software. They're just going to get it a few hours after you leave. Then they're likely to be totally confused about what happened.

· DaBears
5,992 Posts
litzdog911 said:
Seems like this thread could be closed, too, just like that one was. No new added-value here.
Pretty much here's how I think this goes:

Jodean goes to an install and something changes.
He calls his boss.
Boss tells him to post on DBSTalk to get new training or updates.

Oh the life of an unaothorized installer.

· Icon
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
umm....no......

the channels i get works perfectly, did 3 today on SD gui, it hid all channels not subscribed to ( of course the sports and ppv still exist no matter what)

The HD gui does not hide ANY channels that are not subscribed to, infact it even shows movie channels in whilte and still not subscribed.

I am an "authorized" installer, actually now a installation company.

Thanks for the non answers........

· Banned
5,343 Posts
litzdog911 said:
" They're just going to get it a few hours after you leave. Then they're likely to be totally confused about what happened.
:lol:that's what I was thinking, hard to stop a national release.

· Hall Of Fame
3,585 Posts
Jodean said:
umm....no......

the channels i get works perfectly, did 3 today on SD gui, it hid all channels not subscribed to ( of course the sports and ppv still exist no matter what)

The HD gui does not hide ANY channels that are not subscribed to, infact it even shows movie channels in whilte and still not subscribed.

I am an "authorized" installer, actually now a installation company.

Thanks for the non answers........
This is not true. Channels I get works fine with the new GUI for the most part. The only channels that it still has issues with are the channels that have been added since the last time they updated the function (I think it's just the additional HBO, Cinemax, channels and E!, AMC, TruTV). The regional sports networks are a bit of a mess to, but I don't expect that to get worked out for a while because it is much more difficult with the way they use them to show overflow games, for the different sports packages, etc.

As far as how to turn it on I believe you bring up the guide, hit the yellow button, and then scroll down to Channels I Get and hit the select button.

· Icon
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
prushing said:
have fun when DTV issues chargebacks on all your installs for not following procedures
?? chargebacks for having a working system??

directv should be charged back for forcing the HD gui that slows the system way down and frustrates everyone.

· Icon
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
damondlt said:
:lol:that's what I was thinking, hard to stop a national release.
right, great point, it will happen after i get it all installed, then it can SLOW down......dont even bother me if its slow AFTER i leave.......

· Icon
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Beerstalker said:
This is not true. Channels I get works fine with the new GUI for the most part. The only channels that it still has issues with are the channels that have been added since the last time they updated the function (I think it's just the additional HBO, Cinemax, channels and E!, AMC, TruTV). The regional sports networks are a bit of a mess to, but I don't expect that to get worked out for a while because it is much more difficult with the way they use them to show overflow games, for the different sports packages, etc.

As far as how to turn it on I believe you bring up the guide, hit the yellow button, and then scroll down to Channels I Get and hit the select button.
Thats just it, it DOESNT.....all the customers on Entertainment pack it stills shows all the channels not subscribed to. They are greyed out (besides the HBO channels that are still white) and still show in the list. None of the HBO channels are included free for entertainment pack

· Super Moderator
13,787 Posts
As with the pervious version of the OPs HD GUI thread I'm closing this one too.

Mike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.