DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Mentor
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A sort time ago, I noticed the color pattern for my guide changed from blue background with yellow lettering to black background with white lettering. I like the new format, but......the receiver in our bedroom still displays the old format. We tried to reset it but i still comes up blue/yellow. Any idea on how we can get that to the black background/white lettering?

·
Hall Of Fame
3,640 Posts
What kind of receiver is in your bedroom? Only the H21 and up and HR20 and up boxes will get the new guide. If you have on of those models in your bedroom, just be patient... it will come.

·
Cool Member
27 Posts
Is this true for the HR20-100 as well? I have HR20-700's in my house and they have been upgraded to the new guide. I was at my dad's last week (same city) and I saw he had a message on his -100 saying welcome to the new guide but his guide is still the old one. I thought it was odd.

·
Hall Of Fame
6,724 Posts
Having a message stating welcome to the new a guide and actually having the new guide is two different things.

My HR24 had a tvmail message announcing the new guide, yet I won't be getting it until 1/12 (hopefully).

New guide came two days early. :)
But, no TV Mail announcing it.

·
Legend
190 Posts
I think it depends on how the TV is hooked up. We got the new guide this morning. The HD TVs that are hooked up with HDMI cables have it, while our older TV in our basement which isn't hook up with an HDMI cable doesn't get the new guide.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,251 Posts
markfp said:
I think it depends on how the TV is hooked up. We got the new guide this morning. The HD TVs that are hooked up with HDMI cables have it, while our older TV in our basement which isn't hook up with an HDMI cable doesn't get the new guide.
If it is an HD receiver, it should get the new guide. However, if it is connected to a non-HDTV, you will get an on-screen message, and not the guide on that TV. The new guide will not work on a non-HDTV unless you use a component to composite converter.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,640 Posts
hilmar2k said:
If it is an HD receiver, it should get the new guide. However, if it is connected to a non-HDTV, you will get an on-screen message, and not the guide on that TV. The new guide will not work on a non-HDTV unless you use a component to composite converter.
It will if you have 480i selected as the output resolution... ;)

·
Hall Of Fame
3,588 Posts
hilmar2k said:
Well then it's not an HD receiver, is it? :D
Yes it is. I have an H21 hooked up in my basement to an old 27" CRT TV over S-Video. I have it set to hide SD duplicates, and output the HD channels letterboxed.

Just because it's outputting standard def doesn't magically turn it into a D12 SD receiver.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,640 Posts
"Beerstalker" said:
Yes it is. I have an H21 hooked up in my basement to an old 27" CRT TV over S-Video. I have it set to hide SD duplicates, and output the HD channels letterboxed.

Just because it's outputting standard def doesn't magically turn it into a D12 SD receiver.
I think he was just being silly. :)

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Guys, we have several threads in the HD DVR forum on this topic; as such I am closing this one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.