DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Cool Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a problem not getting 1/2 my SD channels... D* is coming this weekend, so maybe its a switch issue or something. Anyway, all the other transponders (110 and 119 sat, as well as evens on 101 sat) all work fine.

So I got my H20 box, plugged it in. Near the end up "setup" I get to a screen that says "Confirming Satellite Dish Setup". It lists the ZIP code, dish type, then has Sat 101, 110, 119, 99, 103. All 5 of those sats list as "Failed" and the last item, "tuner", lists as OK.

The installer guy told me "oh when you first set it up it will say fail down the list, just hit continue and you will be OK, it just means it hasnt "gotten the signal" yet is all". If I select "Continue, fix later" then I get to a screen that says "The D* Advanced Program Guide.....blah blah... over the next 24 hours the APG will gather this data, until then you will have limited info in your guide".

But the box appears locked at this point. The only two buttons that work are the back button, and the power button. If I power cycle it, I just go through setup again.

Now I have not called d* to activate this box, nor have I 'officially' added the HD programming to my account. The lady at d* said they will send a tech out to fix the one-LNB-not-working issue with the SD stuff first, then we can set up the 'other' stuff.

But is there something wrong with my H20 box? If I could be enjoying some HD content now until they fix the half-channels-missing problem with the SD stuff, I would be happy. Why is the H20 saying all the sat tests failed? Do I need to activate the box with D* before I set it up?

· Hall Of Fame
1,137 Posts
Umm that the installer is wrong it should say ok on 4 of them (99 or 103 may fail);its either its getting a signal or not getting a signal period.

· Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
southtexan said:
My H20, after I set it up with the 5 lnb dish, said okay on 4 sats and failed on 103, what you describe does not sound right at all...
That's what mine says, too, only fail on 103.

· Cool Member
20 Posts
I picked up a H20-600 at Best Buy last week and had the same problem. I was replacing an sd tivo and I already have the HR20 dvr in another room. I knew there was nothing wrong with my cables so it had to be a bad receiver. Sure enough, I returned it to BB and got another one and it booted up just fine and found all the satellites as it should. Sounds like you got a bad one too.

· Cool Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update:

Turns out the multiswitch was bad. I had been on the phone with HD tech support at D* and the "2nd level" tech told me that yes, it usually does fail on a few of the sats but that I should have gotten some level of signal on some (at least one) of them.

Removed the switch, and it worked OK. D* sent out a tech on Saturday who just grabbed the old switch and left a new one. I haven't installed that new switch yet (PVR being given as an XMas present and dont need the switch until then, I guess), so we shall see in the coming days if the new one works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.