DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· AllStar
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let the group know, I was just installed last week, and the box came with 0xbe on it, and it automatically upgraded to 0xfa on Wednesday.

I'm not seeing any of the issues that are so prevalent around here
- CID works fine (Vonage phone line)
- HDMI working fine - with a Sony 60' 3LCD (KDFE-60a) unit
- No DD or audio issues with HD locals (MPEG4) - or any channels for that matter

Perhaps the direct jump to the new code vs. all the revisions in between makes things better?

· AllStar
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If someone were to reformat their box, would it go back to the original code? I see that in the system info it does "keep track" of the original software.

Perhaps this might be a good test for someone having issues, and not too many recording saved

~Bill

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
psubill78 said:
If someone were to reformat their box, would it go back to the original code? I see that in the system info it does "keep track" of the original software.

Perhaps this might be a good test for someone having issues, and not too many recording saved

~Bill
No, it doesn't. The "OS" of the system, is not stored on the hard drive. It is stored on a chip in the system. So after a Reset Everything, you will still be on the same software version you where on before hand.

· AllStar
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
No, it doesn't. The "OS" of the system, is not stored on the hard drive. It is stored on a chip in the system. So after a Reset Everything, you will still be on the same software version you where on before hand.
Interesting (you can tell how green I am with this box so far...)

I guess that takes out all the "hacking" and stuff we could do on the Tivo Boxes!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.