DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Legend
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know the Dish All HD package is near perfect... Whats left Nickelodeon and TV Land. FX, Spike, Family Matters is now Playing On Nick.. maybe Great American Country or MTV.. I see where the new sat will launch July 11th so New HD channels lets say Aug?.. Any ideas! Just curious..

·
Super Moderator
53,724 Posts
Yep. There are still more than a dozen placeholder/ test channels on 61.5° and 129° ... and although Voom didn't last long after the "22" channels were added all the channels were active at the same time. There is already room for more.

·
Banned
632 Posts
Don't get too excited about MTV, VH-1 or CMT. None of them ever broadcast in HD, even when they're presenting HD content. For example, a few months ago CMT broadcast the 2008 Country Music Awards in SD, even while MHD (a channel that presents all the HD programming created by MTV, VH-1 and CMT) was simulcasting it in HD.

Yes, those three channels actually produce HD programming, but never show them in HD.

·
Super Moderator
53,724 Posts
"Every so often" and "never show" HD channels are not really what we're hoping for. :)

·
Hall Of Fame
8,968 Posts
James Long said:
"Every so often" and "never show" HD channels are not really what we're hoping for. :)
The reality is that it's going to be several years before most networks are showing 100% of their NEW content in HD. And most of the re-runs will be SD forever, with possible exceptions for older shows shot on film that can be remastered.

NickAtNite/TV Land in HD? Not much point in that unless someone is paying for a whole lot of new transfers.

At least channels like Comedy Central, while not "needing" to be in HD necessarily, still have lots of newly-created content that CAN be in HD, and will be produced that way as things go forward.

·
Registered
725 Posts
the slots where voom was hasn't been filled because they're changing the encoders. once this is done there is no reason not to add more hd immediately.

·
Mentor
31 Posts
ok i'm beating a dead horse, but now that the e* sacramento market is broadcasting our local fox affiliate in hd, i want speed, fox news, spike and fx in hd. i play a lot of video games, so g4 would be appreciated in hd, especially since we lost the gamer hd channel that was on voom. o yeah, can we PLEASE get rid of food network in hd on e*? i'm sure nobody wants to talk about LOSING an hd channel, but ever since my wife figured out that it's broadcasting in hd (i had the hd version hidden on my favorites in the epg) she watches tv in the living room a lot more, since it's the only hd tv we have right now.

·
Cool Member
28 Posts
I also wish there was much more in HD. But for right now, I'll just add another vote for FoxNews! Its the only thing that makes me wish I was still with DirecTV. I'm finding myself watching more CNN HD now. FoxNews is stupid to not be on Dish in HD. They are almost asking there watchers to go to CNN!

·
Mentor
31 Posts
JeffL said:
I'm finding myself watching more CNN HD now. FoxNews is stupid to not be on Dish in HD.
Yeah it is stupid, especially since this doesn't seem to be a bandwidth issue, but a legal issue between the two sides fighting it out in court. I can't stand watching the Communist News Network, although I have watched it specifically because it's in HD. It's no wonder that Fox News is consistently higher in the ratings than CNN. I will say though, even if Fox News is put on E* in HD, I'll still be turning the channel when Greta's show comes on. Something about her just rubs me the wrong way, kind of like biting on tinfoil or scratching nails on a chalkboard.

·
Legend
231 Posts
I know Fox Business Channel is available on D* in HD. But is Fox News HD available on D*? Last time I checked, it wasn't available from any satellite provider. When the channel launched May 1 it was only carried by a few Time Warner cable outlets.

·
Godfather
430 Posts
I also am FORCED to watch CNN HD instead of Fox News!
CNN sucks but they are in the HD Ultimate package and Fox news is not.
I miss The spike channel and Fox News but neither was worth 48 dollars a month. I went from approx. 96 dollars a month to approx. 48 dollars a month.

I BEG YOU FOX NEWS CHANNEL TO GO HD SO I CAN BREATH AGAIN!

·
AllStar/Supporter
192 Posts
smackman said:
I also am FORCED to watch CNN HD instead of Fox News!
CNN sucks but they are in the HD Ultimate package and Fox news is not.
This doesn't really make any sense to me. If you really don't like CNN than why wouldn't you just watch the SD FOX News channel. It sounds like you really don't care much about content if you are watching CNN just because it is in HD. :confused:

·
AllStar
69 Posts
I hope they accomodate the people living in HI/AK first, because we only get 8-9 HD channels. Offering the same channels as CONUS would be nice, similar to what Direct TV offers.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.