Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mentor
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am getting the HR20 installed Dec 26. I currently have four SD DVR R10 boxes running with a round dish.
I am wondering if there is a reason not to leave the round dish and 2x8 multiplexer alone and install the new dish and HR20 as a separate stand alone unit? Other than looks (mounted on the back side of house, the house had THREE dishes on it when we moved in.) is there a reason not to do this?
I have been reading on here and if the installer will hand me the HD 4x8 I could change the setup when/if needed in the future? (I did the current setup myself.)
What do you think?

Here's to hoping everything works good with no major bugs when installed...

4xDRV R10 units
HD will be on Pan 52" Rear Proj. PT-52LCX65
Onkyo 6.1 HT system

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08
4,107 Posts
Redundency is good. Later you can switch out cables or even antennas to trouble shoot if needed.

Also, consider your OTA RG6 now as well.

Have you done the other steps in the Installation Tips (link below)? Now is the itme.

Also, now is the time to look through the Tips & Tricks. Much of that is needed the first day as well.

- Craig

·
Mentor
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have looked through EVERYTHING that I can get my hands on...
I am pretty ready I think, I am looking to get a UPS this weekend for the receiver. I live out in the country and the power is a little dirty as they say...so I was looking to do this anyway.

When they install the dish, even though I am only adding one receiver and only need two, will the installer drop all four lines down from the dish if I ask, or is this asking too much?

I have always done the self-install, but then I have to pay for the RG6 etc...plus every thing I see says the AT9 is a little bit of a PITA to align.

I am close/far <?> enough to Atlanta to get HD Locals (so the CSR says), but yes my OTA RG6 is less than a year old.

Thanks,
Joe

·
Mentor
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool! That is what I was thinking (hoping).
With 3 other DVR units I am thinking I should get the switch without a problem also, but I am going to call D* and ask what is included I guess.

Thanks,
Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.