DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mentor
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking of purchasing a 722 receiver. I currently have a Dish Pro with two outputs going to a 3-4 switch, then going to 3 receivers. I have an old siggle lnb and dish, can I just aim that, connect it to the 3rd input on the 3-4 switch and connect the new HD receiver, order HD programming, and be set?

Now that I think about it the old single LNB that I have probably has two outputs, would that matter at all?

Thanks!

·
Hall Of Fame
3,180 Posts
DishRick said:
I have been thinking of purchasing a 722 receiver. I currently have a Dish Pro with two outputs going to a 3-4 switch, then going to 3 receivers. I have an old siggle lnb and dish, can I just aim that, connect it to the 3rd input on the 3-4 switch and connect the new HD receiver, order HD programming, and be set?

Now that I think about it the old single LNB that I have probably has two outputs, would that matter at all?

Thanks!
The dish can be used, but the lnb has to be either Dish Pro or Dish Pro Plus, if it a Legacy, you cannot use it. You also need two lines to the 722 so if you are replacing one of your receivers, you are fine. If you are not removing any of the current receivers, you need to cascade another DP34 switch in order to give the second line.

·
Mentor
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I think its an older LNB, I will have to go in the attic and see. Does the 722 really need 2 lines? When I got a 625, before I got it I took the time to run a second line and when it came there was a splitter to use just the one line, so I didn't need to make that extra run.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,180 Posts
DishRick said:
Thanks. I think its an older LNB, I will have to go in the attic and see. Does the 722 really need 2 lines? When I got a 625, before I got it I took the time to run a second line and when it came there was a splitter to use just the one line, so I didn't need to make that extra run.
Splitters do not work with any Dish equipment and would not come with any receiver. A DPP Separator (it looks like a splitter) does come with dual tuner receivers and will work only with DishProPlus lnb's and switches. If your 625 works with a separator there is no reason to believe that a 722 won't so you should be good with one line.

·
AllStar
86 Posts
garys said:
The dish can be used, but the lnb has to be either Dish Pro or Dish Pro Plus, if it a Legacy, you cannot use it. You also need two lines to the 722 so if you are replacing one of your receivers, you are fine. If you are not removing any of the current receivers, you need to cascade another DP34 switch in order to give the second line.
Or you can replace the 34 for a 44 and get a sep like what garys said to do. and not have to run extra wires if you are replacing an existing rec except you would need a switch because you are using multiple dishes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.