DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Geek til I die
9,821 Posts
Yea, Tivo is using the same color scheme on my Premier HD GUI. Guess its popular with the GUI makers.

I never could figure out why DirecTv didnt implement "Skins" to give people the choice of color schemes. My Hughes E86 DirecTv box and my old Sony both had that option. None of DirecTv's boxes have ever had any way to change the color or the font, except the font for closed captioning.

·
Geek til I die
9,821 Posts
kolvadw said:
yep at&t is who we were considering moving to.
If you are real close to their fiber distribution point, you might like it. If you arent, prepare to reboot your gateway several times a week, and have intermittent picture freezes all day.

At least you dont need to sign a contract to try them. Beware though, I returned my equipment with their pre-labeled box, and they tried to charge me $$$, claiming they never got it. After two months of calls, they finally "credited" me for the return, but the next week, I got a notice from a collection agency. Been trying to clear that off my credit report for a while now.

AT&T never again for me.

·
Hall Of Fame
16,344 Posts
It's highly recommended to suspend your Directv account for a while instead of canceling outright. Gives you an escape route if you don't get enough hd streams, have other issues.

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"dpeters11" said:
It's highly recommended to suspend your Directv account for a while instead of canceling outright. Gives you an escape route if you don't get enough hd streams, have other issues.
thanks for the guidance, been with dtv for 12 years, but new guide is just too dark. plus our contract is up so good time to try something new.

·
Legend
168 Posts
Put my two cents in for the bean counters out there if anyone at Directv is actually listening.
The new guide is too dark and sometimes text is hard to read, especially if it's grayed out. The dark dividing lines between times are sometimes invisible on the dark background (or visa versa). Directv really could have used a better color scheme on this new interface.
Hope for better in rev *.

·
Godfather
433 Posts
But But But we had a graphics designer consult on the project. The new guide looks like they hired Gears of War designers. It is dark for sure. Wish they would have left the little viewing window on the right too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.