DBSTalk Forum banner

New Hopper Install - Browse Channel Guide

3K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  mocarob 
#1 ·
New Hopper install. With DTV I could arrow left to the channel logo/number and press enter to browse thru a list of the upcoming schedule for just that channel. Is that possible with Dish? It's not a Hopper 3 if that means anything.

#4 ·
On a DVR receiver - you can arrow RIGHT on your desired channel .
Correct. This is done while watching the channel ... not after pressing the guide button. Right arrow opens the "Mini Guide" at the bottom of the screen with one program per box. Arrow up and down in the guide will show other channels.

#5 ·
Thanks for the help. James Long had the answer I was looking for. Not quite the same or detailed as I remember DTV but it should suffice. I'll have some more questions as I get used to this interface, I'll just post them here. There used to be a user created FAQ for DTV DVR shortcuts, Is there one for the Hopper? Also, What are the USB & Ethernet ports used for on the Joey's? Our Joey's are connected via coaxial...

#6 ·
There hasn't been anything on the USB ports for the Joeys, but, the ethernet ports are fully functional. If you wanted to, you can use the ethernet ports instead of coax, or you could "hybridize" your Joeys by using both. If you are going to do this Hybrid, turn off the Bridging on the Hopper (the coax network would then use APIPA for IP addresses).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.