Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Beer Aficionado
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Been lurking for a while, decided to register so I could post. I've taken great interest in all the complaints about the HR20 since I just got one.

A little background: I learned DVR's on the R15. Yes, I'm late to the party. Anyway, since the R15 has basically the same interface as my D11 I'm pretty used to it and I like it. Less than two months ago I found a thread on the Tivo board talking about how to get the HR10-250 for free. Talked to retention and got one sent to me for $20 for shipping. It replaced an H10 which of course had the same UI as the R15 and D11.

I absolutely HATED it right from the start. I'm guessing everyone that is complaining about the HR20's UI is doing so because they are used to the HR10. I was used to the R15/H10/D11 UI so when I got the HR10 I was floored how anyone could like this thing. Waiting 10-15 seconds for the guide to come up and things like that drove me nuts. I really missed the on-screen caller-id as well.

Recently the HR10 decided to stop making the daily call so I talked to advanced customer support last week at D* trying to get it fixed. They couldn't fix it (I suspect it has something to do with my new wireless phone connection for the house that is only a month old) and they ended up replacing it with an HR20 that just showed up at the house today. I'll be installing it tonight and sending back the HR10-250.

I wish I could help out one of you HR20 haters and send you the HR10 but D* wants it back. On the bright side they just sent it to me, I didn't have to schedule an appt.

Looking forward to learning more about the HR20 and when new updates are coming. I'm going to miss the OTA tuner, but I figure I can live with that for now until it comes. The only broadcast HD stuff I record for now is NFL games and I have NFLST with SF so I can just record it on those channels.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.