DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
AllStar
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new HR-34 coming tomorrow along with the Whole Home upgrade as well. I was able to get the $99 special through retention (as was mentioned in another thread), as customer service was unable to make me this deal. Currently my HR20-100 is hooked up to a Mitsubishi LT-46131 in the living room. I also have a D12-700 hooked up to a 27" Sony SD TV in the bedroom. My question is, should I have the HR20-100 moved to the bedroom and have the HR34 in the living room? Or would it be better to keep the HR20-100 in the living room and have the new HR34 hooked up in the bedroom? I rarely watch the bedroom TV, but want to be able to access both dvrs on the the living room HDTV.

Thanks.

·
Icon
854 Posts
dpeters11 said:
Personally, I want the 34 to be on the set I use the most, since that's the only place you can manage the to do list or set recordings from via remote control with only DVRs.
+1

When I had mine installed, I was having a HR21 replaced in the living room with an HR34. However, I had them(well I did most of it myself) put the HR34 in my TV room, where I have best TV/video/surround sound setup and had them move the HR24 from the Den to the living room. I wanted the HR34 to be the core of my system and the receiver that I use the most.

T-Mac said:
Good luck with the 34. It is very much a work in progress. Probably more work than progress actually.
It's getting better with every release. Then again, I haven't been seeing the problems some others have, to begin with. It's been pretty smooth sailing for the several weeks I've had mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.