DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Legend
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many weeks of stability, two new issues came up last night.

Recorded "Friday Night Lights" on HD. When selected play, all that came up was the "yes, delete - no, do not delete" message on a black screen. Could not use any command at that point.

Checked history and it showed having recorded at the appropriate time.

Do you think a reset might solve this? i.e. that the program is actually there but somehow it was stuck at the very end prior?

2nd issue

After the above, got nervous and checked tonights programming schedule. All the shows that I have series links on are missing from the Schedule, and are showing cancelled in History. When I check each of them individually on the Guide, they have the appropriate "R" series link icon.

Again, would a reset potentially clear this up?

·
Legend
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So there's obviously some conflict with that show and the HR-20. I did a reset before I left for work and will be interested to see if it's recovered tonight when I get home.

Also interesting that some had the same problem and the reset fixed and others not.

bluesfan said:
I had the same problem see this thread.

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=72130

·
Godfather
318 Posts
There are some repeats running now, so if your series links are for 1st run only that may be why they are being cancelled.

·
Legend
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Howie said:
There are some repeats running now, so if your series links are for 1st run only that may be why they are being cancelled.
Doh!! I'll check to make sure when I get home tonight if you're right - all reruns.

But if that's the case it points up a weakness in the box's code. I would think it shouldn't turn up as a history item since it's a rerun. Maybe that's something that could be added to the "Wish List" inventory.

·
Mentor
32 Posts
How do you set it up for first run? I didnt know this unit would do that...miss that from ym tivo...and other stuff lol

Howie said:

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
Judging from the new posts, the "delete, don't delete" issue has arisen all at once in lots of the HR20s--mine just caught that bug also.

I discovered it last night when even older recordings would not play.

A red button reset made everything playable in my case--except I had already deleted some new recordings, thinking they were defective.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
23,901 Posts
politzer said:
Recorded "Friday Night Lights" on HD. When selected play, all that came up was the "yes, delete - no, do not delete" message on a black screen. Could not use any command at that point.
Perhaps there is a flag in the EPG that tells the receiver that the program is related to football? :grin:

·
Legend
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I checked after the reset I found that the Friday Night Lights had been deleted from my To Do list. Not good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.