DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· AllStar
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about 12 hours after my HR34 and WHDVR install I've got issues.

First issue is after 30 minutes of watching TV on the HR34, it froze. I had to hit the "reset" button, and after 20 minutes of resetting, it worked well for the next half hour.

Fast forward to tonite. Go out with some co-workers, get home here at about 1AM pacific. Turn on my TV, and its got the blue screen with "diagnositc error 14-333". Tells me to reboot. I reboot, same error.

So is my receiver defective or what's going on here? Any advice appreciated. Of course DTV closed now so can't call in to troubleshoot...:mad:

· AllStar
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RunnerFL said:
Actually 14 means the hard drive is bad.
Yep, thats exactly what it is.

I called DTV, and they are having someone from another department call me back within 2 hours...really sucks not having TV in my man cave...hopefully I have a new one this week yet...grrr...:mad:

· AllStar
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

· Hall Of Fame
7,054 Posts
onebadmofo said:
Called the tech. He of course, told me to call DTV....
Since the unit actually was defective there is nothing the tech can do, thats why you needed to call D* to report it so they can send out a replacement unit. Truthfully, the only thing a tech could fix is something wrong with that actual installation, like cabling, or dish mount etc...

· AllStar
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CCarncross said:
Since the unit actually was defective there is nothing the tech can do, thats why you needed to call D* to report it so they can send out a replacement unit. Truthfully, the only thing a tech could fix is something wrong with that actual installation, like cabling, or dish mount etc...
Kind of what I figured but since someone had posted to give it a shot, I did.

Someone did get back to me and I was told they are making it a "high priority" to get someone out to replace it at no cost of course, tonite or tomorrow....I'm guessing Tuesday at the earliest.

Really sux. This is my primarty TV....:mad:

· MANC
1,504 Posts
onebadmofo said:
Called the tech. He of course, told me to call DTV....
CCarncross said:
I'm sort of sure that CC is aware that stuff is handled different from coast to coast and boarder to boarder. A lot depends on who the tech works for and the charge back policy. Some techs can ask a Sup to open a work order to replace a defective receiver if it's less than seven days. Thats what I'd do for a 14, an be there the same day. After seven days I'd tell you to call DirecTv.

For most customers it doesn't matter whether the hard drive is bad. They ain't going down to Best Buy for a replacement. The receiver is Baaaaad and DirecTv needs to make it right.;)

· AllStar
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
samrs said:
I'm sort of sure that CC is aware that stuff is handled different from coast to coast and boarder to boarder. A lot depends on who the tech works for and the charge back policy. Some techs can ask a Sup to open a work order to replace a defective receiver if it's less than seven days. Thats what I'd do for a 14, an be there the same day. After seven days I'd tell you to call DirecTv.

For most customers it doesn't matter whether the hard drive is bad. They ain't going down to Best Buy for a replacement. The receiver is Baaaaad and DirecTv needs to make it right.;)
Well they replaced it last nite about 6PM. Great customer service IMO. They were gonna hold off til Tuesday, the guy pulled some strings and to get the tech over to swap it out for me.

So far, so good. Finger's crossed, and now I gotta try to set up my DVR for shows I record...that's not gonna be fun!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.