DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17,050 Posts
StringFellow said:
1. To perform the pause workaround (record button), is there any confirmation screens or buttons required after pressing the record button. I am concerned that I would have to press the record button, accept some confirmation screen, etc.
Yes, there is a confirmation. Why be concerned about that?

StringFellow said:
2. When recording from the HD receiver, I assume there would be a buffer running that allows you fast forward, pause, etc. up until you reach the current time.
You can pause, rewind, ff, etc the recording up to the end of the recording, yes.

StringFellow said:
3. When you press the record button (to emulate pausing live tv) how long will it record. Say you start recording 5 minutes before the show ends. Will it only record those 5 minutes. Example....What happens if you are on the telephone for 10 minutes? Do you only get the last 5 minutes of the current show and not the 5 minutes of the next show?
It will record that scheduled recording. If there's enough in the buffer on the HR34 you'll get that whole scheduled recording. It's not like you can press record and it records until you tell it to stop. You're telling it to record 1 show.

StringFellow said:
4. Can you use a HD DVR, in place of an HD receiver, and take advantage of the HMC's 5 tuners/shard recordings as well as the recordings of shows on the local DVR?
If you use a second DVR you would be able to record using its 2 tuners as well as the 5 tuners on the HR34. You would also be able to watch the recordings made on the HR34 on the secondary DVR and watch recordings from the secondary DVR on your HR34. You would not however be able to setup recordings on the HR34 from the secondary DVR.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.