DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Legend
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While watching broadcast TV, HD and SD both, on Friday evening, I experienced the mini-guide as well as the regular guide appearing unbidden on my screen. This happened about 6 to 8 times during the course of an hour, and hasn't reoccurred. The guide would manifest for approximately 2-5 seconds, then depart, as mysteriously as it had arrived. Although not particularly painful, their visits were nonetheless a bit annoying, and raised the spectre of other and more dire visitations to come in the future.

Any one else have this experience?

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
12,182 Posts
Silly question: was someone or something accidentally sitting or pressin on your remote pressing the Blue button?

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
LameLefty said:
Silly question: was someone or something accidentally sitting or pressin on your remote pressing the Blue button?
You beat me to it!

Also, is there anything else in front of the remote sensor that could cause it to false?

Did you move any equipment, TV, IR extender, ....anything that could be causing a false signal?

I've noticed that the remote sensor in the HR20 is VERY, VERY sensitive..the range is OUTSTANDING (which could be a problem in your specific situation). I can go outside 25 feet from the HR20 and shoot through the glass windows and have perfect control of my HR20. Amazing! My Samsung 360 HD receiver wouldn't do that, or anything near it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.