DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Legend
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received updated s/w ver. L102 for the 721 on the overnight which maps the local ota channels. It has included the other locals channels which has a message "You need a second dish (61.5) to view this channel". Did not noticed any other new features. Just an fyi....

· Banned
6,970 Posts
I haven't checked mine out yet. But this update was also supposed to contain slow motion and frame by frame playback.

Yesterday I was having all kinds of problems with my 721, at about 9pm last night I figured out the problem, my lawn guy knocked my dish out of alignmnent so I was not receiving 110 but 119 was fine. Once I move the dish the hair back things were back running great again.

· Icon
518 Posts
All I noticed was the OTA mapping. I tried to pause and move frame by frame by using the ff and jump ahead buttons (as they alluded to in a Charlie Chat) but it didn't work.

I haven't had it long enough to test for any bug fixes.

· Banned
6,970 Posts
Just found out that this version of the software contains only the FCC fix for channel mapping.

The slo mo and frame advance feature will be released later. :)

The 721 automaticly downloads the updates, check your update screen it may tell you that you need to power off your unit to be upgraded. (I have not checked my unit yet so you might not need to reboot)

Have I said lately that I love my 721. :D

· Legend/Supporter
123 Posts
In L100, my commercial skip buttons didn't work in the guide (skip forward or back 24 hours in guide). They seem to be fixed in L102. Did anyone else see this problem in L100?

· Legend
114 Posts
I'm surprised that they are going to put in slow motion. On occasion, when I pause, the picture is completely awful. I would be embarrased if I was Dish at the blurry, blocky picture. I would think that slow motion would mostly be used to watch an action sequence at a slow pace (what I use it for on my DVD). This is exactly when the picture will be at its worst.

I can't wait to see posts of picture quality on the internet.

Rob

· Cool Member
14 Posts
When I used the pause function, the picture quality was perfect. Of course I was pausing previously recorded program, not the live broadcast. I will test that feature tonight.

PK

6 Posts
Just got my 721. Nice.. The install was easy but I have one question?? I downloaded L102 software which is supposed to have local channel mapping. Mine doesn't seem to have it.
Any ideas on the cause. Atlanta locals.

· AllStar
93 Posts
Did you JUST get it, as in today? When I first installed mine, the EPG was funky for about a day. I think it downloaded the EPG data before it was actually activated, and once it got its activation "hit", telling it what timezone and locals it should set itself to, I think it took awhile for it to re-index all the data. That was my perception anyway... give it a few hours or overnight, and see if it makes a difference.

Originally posted by EBris
Just got my 721. Nice.. The install was easy but I have one question?? I downloaded L102 software which is supposed to have local channel mapping. Mine doesn't seem to have it.
Any ideas on the cause. Atlanta locals.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.