DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Cool Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I'm posting this in the correct forum. If not, please move me :)

I just spoke with Dish Network and they informed me I'd need a new LNBF to receive the multi-sports package. He wouldn't give me any other details other than I could pay $59.99 to have it installed or it'd be free with a 24 month commitment.

I want to know if I can do it myself.

I subscribe to Top 200 w/Essential HD. I've got a ViP622 and Dish 1000 dish with DP Plus LNBF right now. What LNBF would I need? Is this easy to purchase/install?

Thanks in advance.

· Hall Of Fame
1,079 Posts
You will need a DishPro Dual. Why did they install a Dish 1000 instead of a Dish 500? You should be able to get one for less than $59.95. All you need is a screw and a 6 foot piece of RG-6 to install it. If you are receiving HD channels you probably already have the LNB.

· Cool Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BNUMM said:
You will need a DishPro Dual. Why did they install a Dish 1000 instead of a Dish 500? You should be able to get one for less than $59.95. All you need is a screw and a 6 foot piece of RG-6 to install it. If you are receiving HD channels you probably already have the LNB.
I don't know why they installed a 1000, but I didn't ask - I hadn't done my homework. I think my current setup is this:
hxxp://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Dishnetwork/Dishes/Dish-1000point2.htm

So what do I replace in this setup to install a DishPro Dual? (which I assume it's something like this:)
hxxp://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Dishnetwork/LNBF/DishPro-Dual-LNBF.htm

Sorry for my ignorance. I'm still new to all this.

Thanks.

· Hall Of Fame
1,079 Posts
If you have that setup you don't need anything. That is a Dish 1000.2 and picks up 110, 119, and 129 satellites. Maybe they are trying to tell you that you need a dish pointed at the 61.5 satellite. If you click on EKB (EchoStar Knowledge Base) you can check the 61.5 and 129 satellite to see which one has the channels you are trying to get.

· Cool Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BNUMM said:
If you have that setup you don't need anything. That is a Dish 1000.2 and picks up 110, 119, and 129 satellites. Maybe they are trying to tell you that you need a dish pointed at the 61.5 satellite. If you click on EKB (EchoStar Knowledge Base) you can check the 61.5 and 129 satellite to see which one has the channels you are trying to get.
Thanks so much. I checked and they're all on 110, 119, or 129. I contacted Dish again and they added the package and said I would NOT need a new LNBF...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.