DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been told we will have MPEG-4/HD-Locals in our area before year's end.

Is there some notification protocol that D* uses to tell us "they're on" and to look for them, or is it dissemenated by rumor?

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the_nuge said:
Check the General DirecTV™ Discussion forum. Check the sticky threads at the top. This is the best place I have found to look.
Thanks, that's a good resource. I still would like to know if D* makes any effort to notify their customers that the HD-Locals are "live". It looks like the url you sent me to is a compilation by a 3rd party.

Appreciate your info!

·
Hall Of Fame
13,447 Posts
They'll show up in your guide, and when you type in the channel number, it'll suddenly be in HD. That should be a good notification.

·
5 Posts
I doubt it based on the number of times I have seen this question asked on these forums and the threads dedicated to them. Ive only been around this forum lurking for about a month, but seems like its a very knowledgeable group that gets and relays information as soon as humanly possible about new releases. From what I can tell, they light them up in batches ... the last one was a press release (which was posted here) a month or so ago about 25 cities at once.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.