DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mentor
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two years after my last post and this time I really am going to order!

Anyway I have a question:

It looks to me like ALL the packages listed on the DirecTV website now include the Whole Home DVR service (at least when you select one or more HD DVR and one HD RCVR)....so I have to ask:

Are they ONLY sending out HR34s on these new orders or what?

If not.....am I at least assured of an HR24? What's the deal on this?

·
Geek til I die
9,821 Posts
You have to specifically order an HR34 to get one right now, as far as I know. This would be the only model you can specifically order.

You have no guarantee of any specific model DVR unless ordered from an online retailer.

·
Mentor
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I need to NOT use the online ordering thing....just call the 800 number and reference the package from the site but let them know I want the HR34?

·
Mentor
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shades228 said:
You can order online you just need to chose Home Media Center.
Unless I'm missing something (entirely possible) it looks like ALL the packages list that now.

When you add an HD DVR this is listed in your cart:

DIRECTV Home Media Center HD DVR [?]
$300 OFF Home Media Center HD DVR Upgrade

·
Mentor
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does DIRECTV Home Media Center HD DVR=HR34?

·
Mentor
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just took a look at the ordering screen a little slower/closer. Here is a screen shot:

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
WebHobbit said:
I just took a look at the ordering screen a little slower/closer. Here is a screen shot:

. . . .
Once you select the HMC, you should go to a second screen where you can select some more Receivers. Been reported they have been allowing up to three H25 for FREE. But that was in December. Haven't read what the HMC deal is for January.

·
Legend
151 Posts
you definately aren't required to get the HR34 when you set up, however I would definately recommend it if you have the extra $99 laying around. We aren't allowed to request upgrades to it on our accounts until mid February but I will pay whatever they make me to get that thing. No more recording conflicts for me!
As to your other question, when you select and HD DVR and want a 2nd or more HD reciever then you must select WH DVR service. It has been that way for roughly a year or so now and just makes everything easier. Also, if you qualify for it even if you have SD tvs you can get up to 3 HD recievers free if you have and HD DVR/HMC on your order so save yourself the hassle and contract extension down the line and grab them now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.