DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Founder
17,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a new private forum setup especially for DBSTalk.com members who help us keep ad free. It's the DBSTalk.com Gold forum. To become a member, simply donate any amount to DBSTalk.com. If you donate today you get instant access to this new forum with added benefits and private interaction with the administrators. News and information will still be posted to their regular areas, the Gold club private forum is just our thank you to the folks who help keep DBStalk.com a free site for all.

·
God Bless America!
2,538 Posts
No offense Chris, but there are those of us not really in a position where we have the money to make donations, and by doing this you are basically making DBSTalk a pay service with a "free preview" edition. This will kill DBSTalk. Look at what something very similar to this did ThatHomeSite when they added subscription forums. Not all forums require a subscription, and it's just $15 a year, yet it has basically destroyed the site. Please reconsider this. Maybe make the site have advertising you can pay to get rid of, but don't make it a subscription forum.

·
Founder
17,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The new forum is a token of appreciation for those who have graciously donated to help keep this board on it's feet. It is NOT subscription based.

If you read my above message carefully, it says that you can donate ANY amount to have access and the access is permanant without any further obligation.

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
Just to clairify...

The new DBStalk.COM "Gold Club" is our way of saying Thank you to the members who support the site which in turn helps keep the site ad free.

All the admins here wish we could give everyone who donates a gift as a thank you but in doing that we would spend all the donation money on gifts. :D

All news and information you have come to expect from DBStalk.COM will be posted in its normal areas as it already is. We are not going to holdback news or information so that the Gold Club members find out first. That totally goes against the spirit of the board.

The Gold Club is an area where Donating members can sometimes better share there thoughts that they could not do in the public forums. Chat in there should be a little more relaxed and personal. Again the main reason for it is to say thank you for helping to keep us online and ad free.

If for whatever reason you decide not to donate, that's OK you will still enjoy the same news and information you have come to expect from DBStalk.COM

If you do decide to donate, thank you! We hope you will use the opportunity to really make your feelings show in our new Gold Club. Consider it a place to get things off your chest, that you normally would not want the entire world to see.

To everyone ENJOY DBStalk.COM after all thats why we are here! We look forward to your input, thoughts and comments!

Again Enjoy your stay here at DBStalk.COM

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
Mark,

I will post it in a better way so you can understand ;)

Think of donating to DBStalk.COM like putting a donation in the offering bucket at your church. If you decide you dont want to or can't put a donation in the offering bucket, it's ok! You will still hear the same great sermon that everyone else in the Church gets to hear.

It's the same thing here, give or don't give you will still get all the great news and information that all other members get. :D

Thank you. I am done testifying now :D

Brother Scott - Signing off

·
God Bless America!
2,538 Posts
LOL Scott, but yeah, I understand. See when I first saw it, I thought of you starting to possibly place new news, announcements, etc. in the "gold" forum first. That still doesn't answer my second question, if and when I decide to donate - where do I send my donation?

·
DBS Chat Godfather
144 Posts
Simple, (once agin IMHO), you're considering adding a forum which is only open to a select few members. Sure, anyone can join, for a price .... but call it what you may, I, (and perhaps others, but I'l just say"I"), it's still a 'good ole boy' Forum and things will be said that are not necessarly going to be said in an 'open forum'. Why? Because that is the nature of the beast.
Any you guys should know it.

Without even having access to the Admin area, I bet my left elbow that topics have been discussed that were never meant for 'public' display. And the same will take place in a 'Gold Members' Forum, mark my words. How about this: I'm don't feel it's necessary to contribure $$$ to this site, and how dare you guys keep me out of a "Gold Members Forum' because I choose not to. So you know what? I'm gonna spend my efforts trying to access this 'private area', spam the hell out of this place , flame everyone and every thread possible, and in general, become a pain in the butt on a daily basis. Oh, you're gonna ban my IP? Fine, I'll route myself out of the Balkans then using any number of ANON sites. At last count there were over 300 sites on the internet where one can get a 'free' e-mail account, so that's a non-issue as well. But, I digress .....

If I chose to donate $10.00 to this site, I'd not expect or even subscribe to a private forum. My donation whould be to support the site, not to gain access to some 'private area'. I don't need no stinking reward for supporting something I belive in for crying out loud.

YMMV

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
I can see your point on that, so far the area has nothing but people trying to give us ideas.

If someone wanted in so bad I would have no problem giving them access for a day to see that there really is nothing going on there of importance.

We have no need to hide anything. :)

Chris wanted to send everyone who sent in a donation a free DVD. We would never pay our bills that way. This board is just our way of saying thank you.

We will keep any eye on it and see where it goes, who knows due to lack of interest in there it may go bye bye. :)

·
DBS Chat Godfather
144 Posts
Chris: I applaud the intent ... question the merit .... :)

Who was it that once said change for the sake of change is ... ?

Where's the value added? What does this do to elevate DBSTalk above all the other same topic discussion boards on the internet?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.