Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cool Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I just got a new R15 but I looked and it appears to be an R15-300. From what I have read here it looks like R15-100's are the newest. Just wondering why I might have gotten an R15-300. Should I call D* and have them send a new one? Also I tried to force an update by typing 02468 at the first Hello Screen and no firmware was downloaded. Is the force update process different than on the HR20? Thanks for all the help guys and hope everyone has a happy holiday.

·
Icon
895 Posts
You probably already have the latest software version, but to force an update you press the red button, then press 02468 in that order and nothing else when the "Hello, Your DIRECTV reciever is starting up" screen. I don't live with you, but you were probably doing it right.

And the R15s are functionally no different. You aren't going to get any enhancements going to the -100 model.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
The -500; -300; -100 denote the different manufacturers

If you JUST received your -300; And you have not done anything with the unit yet. I would recommend doing a full reset of the system (basically do a format).

Since -300 are older, I am not sure what's it's history would be.
So doing a reformat, basically ensures that you are starting with a clean slate on the system.

Only takes about 5 minutes to do the full reset...

·
Hall Of Fame
1,546 Posts
Just to add to what was already said. Only press the 02468 on the hello screen and only enter it once.

It will go through the "almost there" screen before the download will start. If you enter the code on that screen, it will not work.

·
Cool Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for getting back to me everyone. I think I'll try a full reset on the box and see what happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.