DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a single receiver LNB from an RCA system I bought in 1995 work with a receiver (no DVR etc just the small box with the bright blue LED) that my upgrade installer brought me 6 months ago?

I have moved, and the system won't work in the new house. But rather than bother getting up on the old house, I just grabbed an extra old dish I hadn't used in 5 years. My first clue was when I connected a voltmeter to the "satellite in" jack as part of the cable troubleshooting, it reads zero. I thought the receiver was supposed to provide a 5 VDC or 12 VDC bias on the cable, to power the LNB. So I'm thinking maybe that upgrade installer changed out my LNB, not just the receiver?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
12,876 Posts
The Sat in jack on the back of the receiver should show either (approximately) 13 vdc or 18 vdc depending on what channel is selected.

The older dish should work just fine. Make sure your coax connectors are properly installed and that you don't have an accidental short of shield to center conductor - very easy to do when installing connectors.

Then set the elevation properly, make sure you mounting mast is plumb, and slowly adjust azimuth around the indicated setting to find a signal.

Carl

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.