DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
AllStar
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finished watching a recording a hit exit. I was returned to the guide screen with the live preview in the top right corner. However, there were not any items in the guide - simply blank for all. Additionally, the remote control was dead. Only solution was to reboot. Has anyone else experienced this 'glitch'?

·
Legend
136 Posts
bubbadawg said:
I finished watching a recording a hit exit. I was returned to the guide screen with the live preview in the top right corner. However, there were not any items in the guide - simply blank for all. Additionally, the remote control was dead. Only solution was to reboot. Has anyone else experienced this 'glitch'?
Yes,

I have experienced this only once with my HR20 and I had to do the same thing................reset button but it fixed it.

It is annoying when the remote locks up and won't work but the reset works so that is good.

Even with these periodical lock ups I am still loving my HR20!!!!!!!!!! :)

Good luck to you with your HR20.

·
Godfather
284 Posts
bubbadawg said:
Yep, same thing has happened to me twice with 0xEB. :(

·
Cool Member
10 Posts
I have 0xe3 and I get this sometimes, not only when exiting a recording but sometimes just going to the guide of MyVOD screen with the list button. In my case the small window plays back TV fine, but no guide or list info shows up, its just the blue background, not empty cells or anything. The box doesn't respond to the remote or the buttons on front. If it is recording it keeps recording, which is nice, because if it is recording something I want to see I can just leave it until that finishes. This is the only problem I've been having with my HR20, sad to see it didn't get fixed in EB.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
105 Posts
bubbadawg said:
I got this frequently before D* sent me a new box. I though that it was when I deleted a show after watching it. Maybe it was just the act of exiting that caused it. Anyway, I have a new box but I am a little afraid to depend on it so I don't use it much and don't know if I have the same problem with the new box.

·
Legend
234 Posts
Check this out -

I had a lock-up last night while trying to watch a recording of the Bear's amazing victory over the Giants. The recording was bad and the system locked up. So, I pressed the reset button. The system didn't reboot, it just dumped me back to live TV . . .

Pretty wierd :confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.