DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Icon
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DirecTV technician is coming Saturday to install two new receivers to replace the two H20 I wanted to replace. At this time, I have 2 HR20's (1 is 100 and the other is 700) and 2 H20's. Already got H24 and H20 at my summer residence that's currently "suspended" for the season.

Anyway, the one H20 acted up, kept on rebooting on its own for no reason. I have protection plan so they sent me a H21, which I didn't want. So, I decided to go ahead and order two new receivers and the technician will take care of the bad H20 and the replacement (H21). Ordered H25!!!! And decided to add another HD DVR (H24!!!). Also will work on Whole Home!!! A technician is needed to replace my current system that is NOT SWM (so that the H25 can work here).

Question is, would a SWM still be needed for whole home? Just wondering if I had not ordered the H25, I would still need SWM for whole home.

After all that's done, I'll be SO looking forward to January 12th!!! When they update all my receivers for the NEW HD GUI!!!

·
Icon
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dpeters11 said:
SWM is needed for supported whole home, but it works fine generally using Ethernet cables on a non SWM setup.

If I'm counting right, you'll have 8 tuners. If they install a SWM-LNB on your dish, you'll be maxed out. Will require a it more work if you decide to add equipment in the future.
Now that you mentioned it, you're right. :( I was hoping that maybe all receivers will have just one cable connected to each receiver rather than the two DVR's I have required two cables. I do not plan on adding any more receivers in the future. 4 in this house is enough while in the summer time, only two remains in this house (preferrably both HD DVR's) while I take one HD DVR and one non-DVR HD receiver out to the cottage.

To put it briefly, I currently have 6 cables into the house for all receivers I've got (which is 2 HD DVR's and 2 non-DVR HD receivers).

·
Icon
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
trh said:
Where did you order your HR24 and H25 from?
From DirecTV directly. HR24 for $199 and H25 for $49 (they might be free because I qualified for free upgrades? Not sure yet because CSR said I was to be refunded the money and on my bank account on-line, it showed I was credited after debited for them).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.