DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Banned
614 Posts
spidey said:
prior to new SW load tv power button turned on HR20 and my TV however all of a sudden its not working. Working fine on my setup with Westy but not with my Samsung. Also I have 2 remotes same behaviour
The batteries that come free with the remote are not heavy duty... so make sure you use new alkaline batteries.

· Hall Of Fame
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cybrsurfer said:
The batteries that come free with the remote are not heavy duty... so make sure you use new alkaline batteries.
all other functions on remote seem to be working except for TV power on. Will Try the battery thing but both remotes at exact same time morning of new SW load? Cant belive the sw of the HR20 could affect remote not turning on TV

· Legend
221 Posts
Noticed in the last week two remote RC24 erratic behavior---both batteries almost shot for both HR20s. I wonder if using RF (I do) reduces life that quickly. I have only have the HR20s for two months.

· Hall Of Fame
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mgcsooner said:
Noticed in the last week two remote RC24 erratic behavior---both batteries almost shot for both HR20s. I wonder if using RF (I do) reduces life that quickly. I have only have the HR20s for two months.
I changed batteries still same exact behavour. I dont understand why a software upgrade would change way remote works with the TV???

· Remote Master
1,820 Posts
Try codesearching by TV ON commands.

1. TV
2. press an hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9-9-1, wait for two blinks
4. enter 1
5. tap TV ON and release
6. keep pressing and releasing CH UP only, if and when the TV powers ON or OFF,
7. press SELECT to lock in code

· Hall Of Fame
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Edmund said:
Try codesearching by TV ON commands.

1. TV
2. press an hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9-9-1, wait for two blinks
4. enter 1
5. tap TV ON and release
6. keep pressing and releasing CH UP only, if and when the TV powers ON or OFF,
7. press SELECT to lock in code
May try BUT THIS worked since Sept when I had the systems installed. Dont understand why it would quit working. I have 3 other remotes in house 2 for other HR20 and one for the 19 in samsung and old DTV rcvr. Will see If I can reprogram them to control the TV correctly.

· Hall Of Fame
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
spidey said:
May try BUT THIS worked since Sept when I had the systems installed. Dont understand why it would quit working. I have 3 other remotes in house 2 for other HR20 and one for the 19 in samsung and old DTV rcvr. Will see If I can reprogram them to control the TV correctly.
Problem fixed. Removed batteries. Reprogrammed remote based on user manual.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.