DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Legend
Joined
·
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a reference where someone got a replacement HR20 and it had a "new" remote.
How does one know if one has the "new" or "old" remote and what is the diff?
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,308 Posts

· Legend
Joined
·
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jaywdetroit said:
Thanks for the info.
Read the reviews. Didn't quite understand everything. Must be a dunce. :lol: :confused:
I have two remotes, one of which was "accidentally":lol: left behind when I returned a HR20 to D*. (Hey, the instructions said "DO NOT RETURN REMOTE"!:lol: )
That one has an FCC sticker on it and is the "newer" of the two.
The other does not have an FCC sticker on it.
Both work in RF or IR mode.
Both look identical.
Neither has backlight.
 

· Mentor
Joined
·
38 Posts
deebeeeff said:
Thanks for the info.
Read the reviews. Didn't quite understand everything. Must be a dunce. :lol: :confused:
I have two remotes, one of which was "accidentally":lol: left behind when I returned a HR20 to D*. (Hey, the instructions said "DO NOT RETURN REMOTE"!:lol: )
That one has an FCC sticker on it and is the "newer" of the two.
The other does not have an FCC sticker on it.
Both work in RF or IR mode.
Both look identical.
Neither has backlight.
The RC24 has the FCC sticker on it and will work the H-20-700 in IR and RF mode.

The RC32 is IR only.
 

· Legend
Joined
·
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jgriffin104 said:
The RC24 has the FCC sticker on it and will work the H-20-700 in IR and RF mode.

The RC32 is IR only.
The new remote is IR only? Did I miss something? Obviously that would mean it is not an improved remote, just newer?
 

· The Shadow Knows!
Joined
·
36,634 Posts
The newest remote is the RC34. I got one with my replacement HR20. It's so new the CSR's don't know much about it. Here's what I can guess so far:

-Looks like the RC32
-Both IR and RF
-Can send IR commands to some components while sending RF to HR20 (according to others, I haven't tested it)
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
314 Posts
lamontcranston said:
The newest remote is the RC34. I got one with my replacement HR20. It's so new the CSR's don't know much about it. Here's what I can guess so far:

-Looks like the RC32
-Both IR and RF
-Can send IR commands to some components while sending RF to HR20 (according to others, I haven't tested it)
Yeah, I have the RC34 also and agree with lamontcranston. Mine came with the RC34 also.
 

· Legend
Joined
·
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lamontcranston said:
The newest remote is the RC34. I got one with my replacement HR20. It's so new the CSR's don't know much about it. Here's what I can guess so far:

-Looks like the RC32
-Both IR and RF
-Can send IR commands to some components while sending RF to HR20 (according to others, I haven't tested it)
Sounds like what I have.
It works so I guess I shouldn't care.
 

· Icon
Joined
·
765 Posts
deebeeeff said:
Sounds like what I have.
It works so I guess I shouldn't care.
Yes mine came with RC34, is RF and I also bought an RC32RF.

I don't see any difference in the two personally, and also don't see what is backlit about the RC32RF.

I do not see a button in upper corener to back light it. There is no backlight when I push any button, and there is no button in upper right to turn the backlight on, as Earl stated in the other thread, at least I am sure not seeing it. Do others with the RC32RF have it backlighting? Where is the switch? Wonder if I got a 'lemon'
 

· Remote Master
Joined
·
1,820 Posts
HolmesCo said:
Yes mine came with RC34, is RF and I also bought an RC32RF.

I don't see any difference in the two personally, and also don't see what is backlit about the RC32RF.

I do not see a button in upper corener to back light it. There is no backlight when I push any button, and there is no button in upper right to turn the backlight on, as Earl stated in the other thread, at least I am sure not seeing it. Do others with the RC32RF have it backlighting? Where is the switch? Wonder if I got a 'lemon'
The button is along the right edge of the remote.
 

· Icon
Joined
·
765 Posts
Edmund said:
The button is along the right edge of the remote.
Thanks, I finally found it after I got unstuck from looking at upper right corner. I have tunnel vision. :)
 

· AllStar
Joined
·
53 Posts
JoshFink said:
Do you need to call them or can it be ordered over the website?

Thanks

Josh
You can order on their website. It is listed there under "remotes".:)
 

· New Member
Joined
·
5 Posts
I upgraded both my receivers this weekend. One to HD20 non DVR and one to HD20-700 with DVR. I want to control the other TVs in my house that don't have a receiver with the HD20 non DVR. This used to work great with RF, but I can no longer control my TVs that don't have a receiver like I used to. I'm guessing that is because they were connected with coax and the new receiver is not.
I was told by another member here to buy an RF modulator, connect the composites to the receiver and then the "coax that goes to the other tvs" to the modulator's output. I think I understand that- newbie- but two questions.
1. The "coax cable that goes to the other tvs"- is this the coax cable that is currently laying on my floor because the installer told me that I would have one less cable since the new box doesn't use coax?

2. I'm assuming I need RF remotes for this to work. The remote that came with the non-DVR receiver is a 32, only IR. The remote that came with the HD20-700 is a 34, an IR and RF remote. The installer "sold" me two more receivers but they are 32, won't work for what I want. Can I use the 34 as an RF on a TV that doesn't have a receiver and just use one of the 32 remotes with my HR20-700? And where can I buy a couple more 34s as I have two other TVs in the house that I want to control via the non DVR receiver.
Hope this makes sense. I'm just beginning to understand all of this.
Thanks.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top