DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to install echo and dt* from 2002 to 2008 its been awhile but I signed up with dt* and I'm being installed Thursday I ordered 2 std boxes 1 hd box and 1 hddvr not the one that records 5 programs at once. What kinda equipment will I be receiving and is it anybetter than it was 4 years ago. How does this cinema work and does the swm dish work with cold weather now it didn't when I installed it. I live in Madison wi will the locals still be coming off the 110 and 119 or have they been moved over to the 99 and 103? Should I be prepared for anything when they come I have a kaku already on the roof but it's the 4 line one any help or info is appreciated

· DaBears
5,992 Posts
If you ordered whole home you have a chance of getting an HR24 and H25's however you could still get equipment you used to install. SD receivers will be D12's.

They'll swap out your old LNB for a SWM. The SWM's only had a problem with a certain LNB and it was a small issue overall.

Not much has really changed in 3 years except SWM being the main installation type now and the advent of whole home which will allow you to share your playlist.

Not sure why you didn't get the HR34 and then all HD receivers. You would be better off in the long run.

· Icon
835 Posts
Havent seen any cold weather problems at all this year.

Last year was 9 out of 10 lnbs didnt work for 4 months straight with the hr24-700's

First year of swm up here they replaced 95% of the lnbs in my area. My good friend worked for corporate direct at time, he had to roll back to the entire years worth of jobs and replace lnbs.

· Hall Of Fame
8,058 Posts
And Madison, WI. (Net. 628) SD locals are still on 119 (nothing is on 110 right now) and your HD locals are on 99W.

So you will need a SL5 LNB. Be sure that 119 LOS has not been blocked by any tree or foliage growth in the four years hence you were a subscriber or the installation will not go forth.

· DaBears
5,992 Posts
Jodean said:
Havent seen any cold weather problems at all this year.

Last year was 9 out of 10 lnbs didnt work for 4 months straight with the hr24-700's

First year of swm up here they replaced 95% of the lnbs in my area. My good friend worked for corporate direct at time, he had to roll back to the entire years worth of jobs and replace lnbs.
Only that you installed. This was not a national issue except for 1 time and it was not last year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.