DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Godfather
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed that they are in 2 channel and not 5.1 surround.Same with some of the new RSNS.I No that all the other movie channels and most RSNS are in 5.1 surround.Is this a temp. problem?

· Hall Of Fame
12,954 Posts
Ask after they start having anything in HD on them besides the logo.

· Hall Of Fame
12,954 Posts
pfueri said:
I saw a 2006 movie last night on one of the new showtime channels and it had HD on the guide but no 5.1 that is why I asked and posted about it
Was it really HD? Everytime I tuned in those stations, I got 4:3 upconvert.

· Godfather
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tonyd79 said:
Was it really HD? Everytime I tuned in those stations, I got 4:3 upconvert.
this is off topic I see you have a sxrd sony 50 ihave you had to put a new bulb in yet and can you tell when tell bulb is going bad does it make the picture not as crisp as it was with a new bulb or when the bulb is bad does it just not come on?

· Godfather
354 Posts
pfueri said:
this is off topic I see you have a sxrd sony 50 ihave you had to put a new bulb in yet and can you tell when tell bulb is going bad does it make the picture not as crisp as it was with a new bulb or when the bulb is bad does it just not come on?
I have 2 SXRD's (60" XBR1 and 70" XBR2), the light (bulb indicator) will come on when the bulb needs changed. There is a noticeable improvement in contrast when you change the bulb.

· Godfather
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ccsoftball7 said:
I have 2 SXRD's (60" XBR1 and 70" XBR2), the light (bulb indicator) will come on when the bulb needs changed. There is a noticeable improvement in contrast when you change the bulb.
I have had my xbr2 60 for about 2 years and I dont have a red light on yet but I think it don't look as crisp as it did I think the picture looks a little soft.It is not that old but it gets used every day so do you think the bulb is already geting week?Is that why it came with a extra bulb?Because they don't last long

· Godfather
354 Posts
They came with an extra bulb due to the cost of the bulb. :) Honestly, I wouldn't be concerned. You might have just gotten used to the HD picture, which is not a bad thing. Also, have you changed your source (DirecTV vs. cable)? Do blu-ray movies look as good as they did before?

For more opinions, you might try this thread.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=730418

· Godfather
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ccsoftball7 said:
They came with an extra bulb due to the cost of the bulb. :) Honestly, I wouldn't be concerned. You might have just gotten used to the HD picture, which is not a bad thing. Also, have you changed your source (DirecTV vs. cable)? Do blu-ray movies look as good as they did before?
I just got a samsung 42 plasma and it is a 720p and I think it looks better than my 1080p sony .that is why I thought the bulb might be getting week.

· Hall Of Fame
1,696 Posts
VeniceDre said:
I've been watching HD movies on those two channels since they launched yesterday. Freedom Writers is on right now on SHO3HD (541) in DD.
More to the point, it's in DD 5.1. (542 has something in DD 2.0 now.)

There's no rule that SD programs can't have 5.1 sound -- I've seen those occasionally on the Encore channels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.