Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 16 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
4,792 Posts
shamus46 said:
I forced the update on my D11 today and the caller ID still dosen't work. :(
Well let's run through the list:
1.You subscribe to Caller ID through your phone company.
2.You have turned on the feature through the Menu on the receiver.
3.The history of the feature is empty.
4.You have tried a Caller ID phone with the same cable/outlet and it works.
5.You have reset the receiver.
Well that's it if all of these fail recommend you change out the receiver.
Good Luck!:)

·
Hall Of Fame
4,792 Posts
shamus46 said:
I've done all the above. :(
Thanks
Ok let's try this:
1.Redownload software 0x1040.
2.Push Menu button to access Quick Menu.
3.Select Caller ID & Msgs.
4.Select Turn Off Notices then push Exit Button.
5.Repeat 2 & 3.
6.Select Turn On Notices then push Exit Button.
This works on my D11-500.Hope it fixes your problem too.
Good Luck!:)

·
Hall Of Fame
4,792 Posts
shamus46 said:
Nope, that didn't do it either. I guess it's time for Direct to send me a new receiver.
Thanks for trying.
Your welcome.Wish these suggestions would have solved your problem.Hope a different receiver does.

I sent an email to Tech support concerning improvements to software 0x1040.I received an email back telling me that I did not have software 0x1040.So at least it's nice that these CSR's are consistant.:lol:

·
Hall Of Fame
4,792 Posts
rgraham541 said:
D10-300 update? :rolleyes:

Tried a force and saw a 1080 ? D10-300 didnt like something...hung at 98% complete
Keep us informed.Maybe there's a certain time of day to download that's better.I try to do mine in the late evening.You should get 0x1040,maybe that's why it hung up.Good Luck!:)

·
Hall Of Fame
4,792 Posts
shamus46 said:
I received the new receiver from D and the caller ID still didn't work. I called and talked to 3 different reps and they told me that the software to take care of the caller ID will be out later. :confused:
Is the different receiver they sent built by the same company?.If they sent you a D11-300 did they send you another 300?.Are you using a wireless jack?.It might be time to get the phone company involved.You can tell them you are having Caller ID problems and see if they find anything wrong with the wires.It's a shot in the dark but you never know.Good Luck!:)

·
Hall Of Fame
4,792 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Sorry, no. I haven't gotten the entire list.
After the new year, I'll try to get the list.
Hey Earl has your D11 been resetting itself?.My D11-500 has had a bad case of the
resets the last 3 days.Wonder if D* hired a tech from Dishnotwork cause my DP301 kept resetting right before I left.Maybe my receiver needs some Pepto Bismol.:)

·
Hall Of Fame
4,792 Posts
bjflynn04 said:
One of my D11s was resetting itself at first right after I forced the update especially when I tried to go into active. So I tried to force the update again because I thought it got a bad download the first time and doing that seem to fix the problem.
Yea this is the 2nd time I downloaded 0x1040 cause the Caller ID quit working.After I redid it it's working fine.It's not really a problem I just don't set my weather settings.It's not resetting during Leno like my DP301 was doing so I'm not getting pissed off like with Dishnotwork.

I also know they are trying to improve our receivers because I have noticed little changes.Like I have noticed you can go to the guide and when you enter a channel number you can put a dash in it.Which would be for future use to access subchannels.The addition of the miniguide just wish they would have made it alittle bigger to include the description on top like the regular guide.But all in all some very good additions to the active channel too.They just need it to lock in on the zip code once you set it so you don't have to redo the zip and cities after a reset.But some good changes.:)

·
Hall Of Fame
4,792 Posts
Found something interesting after the upgrade to 0x1040 on my D11.Access Favorites/settings/there is a new additions to this feature Ch's I Get.Don't know why they need to show all channels in this feature much less the channels you get.Think somebody was smoking a doobie when they came up with that one.:confused:

·
Hall Of Fame
4,792 Posts
Well I should have listen to Tech support.I sent my D11-500 back (it would reset itself once or twice a day)and installed a D10-300.Which I will never force update like I did with the D11.It's been 2 days and there has been no more resets.Also in
the box was the RC32 remote so the RC23 got sent back with the D11.:)

·
Hall Of Fame
4,792 Posts
Camaro305 said:
I tried to force an update, to see what happened. My D10-100 redownloads 102A (which I understand, because the rollout of the new software is still going on), but when I force a download on my D11-300, it bring up the software screen, and just hangs. Shouldn't it redownload 1005 again, since that is the latest version (before this latest upgrade)?
The D10-300 that they sent me is running 0x100A.Is it the latest software?.Don't
know,don't care it works! that's all that's important.Tech support told me it's the
latest software and when another needs to be downloaded the receiver will do it
automatically.After the problem I had with my ex-D-11-500 I'm going to believe them! Good Luck!:)

·
Hall Of Fame
4,792 Posts
Terra Branford said:
The receiver will only update automatically if it's connected to a phone line. Lots of people (myself included) do NOT have the receiver hooked up to a phone line due to a) clutter, and b) we don't do any PPV, so a forced update would be necessary for those.

Regardless of phone line connectivity though, the D11-500s are the absolute worst machines ever made when it comes to bugs with resets, autotune, and anything else you can think of. I'm REALLY hoping the D12s will fix the D11-500s absurd number of flaws. :)
My D11-500 never did and it was connected to a phone line I did a forced update and wished I would not have done that.Any ways that's something I don't plan on doing with the D10-300 they sent me.Don't know might help to exchange the D11 for a D10 have to check with DirecTV.Good Luck!:)

·
Hall Of Fame
4,792 Posts
Terra Branford said:
The receiver will only update automatically if it's connected to a phone line. Lots of people (myself included) do NOT have the receiver hooked up to a phone line due to a) clutter, and b) we don't do any PPV, so a forced update would be necessary for those.

Regardless of phone line connectivity though, the D11-500s are the absolute worst machines ever made when it comes to bugs with resets, autotune, and anything else you can think of. I'm REALLY hoping the D12s will fix the D11-500s absurd number of flaws. :)
Terra:Is your D-11-500 resetting itself?.If it is you need to contact DirecTV for a replacement.The receiver is not reading the software correctly I had to replace mine due to the same problem.Good Luck!:)

1 - 14 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.