Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Legend
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
shamus46 said:
Nope, that didn't do it either. I guess it's time for Direct to send me a new receiver.
Thanks for trying.
I received the new receiver from D and the caller ID still didn't work. I called and talked to 3 different reps and they told me that the software to take care of the caller ID will be out later. :confused:

·
Hall Of Fame
4,792 Posts
shamus46 said:
I received the new receiver from D and the caller ID still didn't work. I called and talked to 3 different reps and they told me that the software to take care of the caller ID will be out later. :confused:
Is the different receiver they sent built by the same company?.If they sent you a D11-300 did they send you another 300?.Are you using a wireless jack?.It might be time to get the phone company involved.You can tell them you are having Caller ID problems and see if they find anything wrong with the wires.It's a shot in the dark but you never know.Good Luck!:)

·
Legend
115 Posts
Jhon69 said:
Is the different receiver they sent built by the same company?.If they sent you a D11-300 did they send you another 300?.Are you using a wireless jack?.It might be time to get the phone company involved.You can tell them you are having Caller ID problems and see if they find anything wrong with the wires.It's a shot in the dark but you never know.Good Luck!:)
As long as it is a D model i believe they are manfacutred all by the same manfacture.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Dbadone said:
As long as it is a D model i believe they are manfacutred all by the same manfacture.
Actually...
The model number of the system tells the story

Series - Manufacturer
D10-200

D10 - Series of receiver
200 - Samsung Manufactured

·
Legend
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
Actually...
The model number of the system tells the story

Series - Manufacturer
D10-200

D10 - Series of receiver
200 - Samsung Manufactured
I have the D11-100 and that's what they sent.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
D11 is the Series
100 denotes made by RCA

ALL D10's and D11's are getting software updates, and it is rolling out now.

However... there are several MILLION D10/D11 out there so, the rollout is going to take a while.

·
Legend
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
D11 is the Series
100 denotes made by RCA

ALL D10's and D11's are getting software updates, and it is rolling out now.

However... there are several MILLION D10/D11 out there so, the rollout is going to take a while.
Thanks Earl,
Do you know the software number?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
shamus46 said:
Thanks Earl,
Do you know the software number?
Sorry, no. I haven't gotten the entire list.
After the new year, I'll try to get the list.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,792 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Sorry, no. I haven't gotten the entire list.
After the new year, I'll try to get the list.
Hey Earl has your D11 been resetting itself?.My D11-500 has had a bad case of the
resets the last 3 days.Wonder if D* hired a tech from Dishnotwork cause my DP301 kept resetting right before I left.Maybe my receiver needs some Pepto Bismol.:)

·
Hall Of Fame
1,026 Posts
Jhon69 said:
Hey Earl has your D11 been resetting itself?.My D11-500 has had a bad case of the
resets the last 3 days.Wonder if D* hired a tech from Dishnotwork cause my DP301 kept resetting right before I left.Maybe my receiver needs some Pepto Bismol.:)
One of my D11s was resetting itself at first right after I forced the update especially when I tried to go into active. So I tried to force the update again because I thought it got a bad download the first time and doing that seem to fix the problem.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,792 Posts
bjflynn04 said:
One of my D11s was resetting itself at first right after I forced the update especially when I tried to go into active. So I tried to force the update again because I thought it got a bad download the first time and doing that seem to fix the problem.
Yea this is the 2nd time I downloaded 0x1040 cause the Caller ID quit working.After I redid it it's working fine.It's not really a problem I just don't set my weather settings.It's not resetting during Leno like my DP301 was doing so I'm not getting pissed off like with Dishnotwork.

I also know they are trying to improve our receivers because I have noticed little changes.Like I have noticed you can go to the guide and when you enter a channel number you can put a dash in it.Which would be for future use to access subchannels.The addition of the miniguide just wish they would have made it alittle bigger to include the description on top like the regular guide.But all in all some very good additions to the active channel too.They just need it to lock in on the zip code once you set it so you don't have to redo the zip and cities after a reset.But some good changes.:)

·
Hall Of Fame
4,792 Posts
Found something interesting after the upgrade to 0x1040 on my D11.Access Favorites/settings/there is a new additions to this feature Ch's I Get.Don't know why they need to show all channels in this feature much less the channels you get.Think somebody was smoking a doobie when they came up with that one.:confused:

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
What Channels I Receive (or Channels I Get)

Is a feature that will be enabled once all the D10's and D11's get the download. (It is already there on R15, H20, HR20)

When it is enabled, it will then "identify" what channels you have per your package plan, and then immediately adjust your guide to ONLY the channels you can actually receive.

All-Channels is so you can do what it says... take a look at every channel DirecTV offers in the stream.

Channels-I-Receive will just be those you can tune in

Favorites 1 and 2 are your user configurable ones.

·
Cool Member
18 Posts
Well, I got the update on my D11-500, and sadly, the persistent (and apparently not worthy of being fixed) bug regarding the autotune feature still exists. I just put in M-F autotune (my grandparents record gameshows) and it's scheduling it on Saturday, just like it used to.

So I guess I can safely assume that this software push was just slightly new features, but no bug fixes? Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the equipment. :(

Edit for typos due to this really hideous cold I have that's going around in the Bay Area...

21 - 40 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.