DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Legend
155 Posts
Why is that, it does start every Tuesday. My guess is that there will not be an update tonight since the last one just came down on Thursday in my area. I hope that I am wrong though. If anyone can put light on the topic, its Earl.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
I highly doubt there will be a software update this week.

Unlike last week, when I know they where just waiting for the final okay on the version, this week... I know they have a version in testing... but I don't think it has cleared the testing cycle yet.

·
Godfather
320 Posts
jamielee said:
Earl can we expect a new update tonight or sometime this week?
I'm sure Earl will post the news as soon as he is 'allowed' to...

OR

maybe he knows NOW and can release the info but doesn't have time to deal with the endless threads asking if OTA will be enabled! :D

·
Godfather
320 Posts
Intex said:
Where do you look to see what version you have? Can't seem to find it .

Menu>Help and settings>setup>hit select on info and test and the info will be listed next to past upgrade

OT: How do you do a search by date? I found it once, but now can not seem to?
I can't find it now either:eek2:

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
ITrot said:
I'm sure Earl will post the news as soon as he is 'allowed' to...

OR

maybe he knows NOW and can release the info but doesn't have time to deal with the endless threads asking if OTA will be enabled! :D
Some of that is true... but which part ?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Intex said:
Where do you look to see what version you have? Can't seem to find it .

OT: How do you do a search by date? I found it once, but now can not seem to?
Do you want to jump to a specific date in the guide?

when in the guide: Menu->Date/Time

There are some other filters in their: Category Search
When in the Guide Menu->Category

·
You make it, We break it
4,722 Posts
BTW while I was waiting for a Tech guy to help me with other issues last night, I asked him for some inside info on OTA. He said 12/1 is now "firm" as they've completed writing of the working software.

Earl? :)

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Canis Lupus said:
BTW while I was waiting for a Tech guy to help me with other issues last night, I asked him for some inside info on OTA. He said 12/1 is now "firm" as they've completed writing of the working software.

Part of that statement is correct... :)
And no, we are not going to play 50 questions to identify which part.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Canis Lupus said:

I'm sure OTA has been "working" on their test units for a while now. As to how well it works -- well, I'm guessing not perfect or we would have had it already.

As I say with all info of this type from "credible" sources: I trust this about as far as I can urinate.

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
12,182 Posts
Okay, so no update tonight. Earl, do you have any idea which issues the dev team considers top priority now? (No, I'm not fishing for OTA - I couldn't care less about OTA).

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
LameLefty said:
Okay, so no update tonight. Earl, do you have any idea which issues the dev team considers top priority now? (No, I'm not fishing for OTA - I couldn't care less about OTA).
Sorry... I don't know what they are targeting from a fix point of view in this next release.

·
DirecTV 10yr+ Customer
1,011 Posts
cuibap said:
You guys're giving too much credit to Earl.
I give Earl alot of credit......he is clearly the most informed and puts up with alot of ranting and raving on this forum and trys to let D* know about it. I would have returned my HR20 long ago with him and this Forum. :D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.