DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
AllStar
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 301 got an upgrade yesterday and now my locals are on their correct numbers (detroit, 7 is 7, 4 is 4) My wife is so happy now. I am just wondering when I will get it on my 501? I think it was SW version 170 on the 301

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
Remember you heard about this update first here at DBStalk.COM! :D

The software is supposed to be rolled out to all OpenTV boxes by the end of July.

Anyone else get it?

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
The 301 is a relatively well behaved (trouble free Reciever). They probably did it first on that one figuring little chance of causing calls to the Call Centers :D

·
Mentor
48 Posts
Originally posted by spartanrob
My 301 got an upgrade yesterday and now my locals are on their correct numbers (detroit, 7 is 7, 4 is 4) My wife is so happy now. I am just wondering when I will get it on my 501? I think it was SW version 170 on the 301
But are the local stations still on their 8000 channels. Were they "moved" or "mirrored"?

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
They would have to be mirrored, at least until all recievers are upgraded. If non-open TV can't be upgraded then the channels will have to stay at 8000 and be mirrored. And the 700 range is still out there as well for the 4 big nets of each locals

·
4 Posts
I am getting Dish Network installed Monday. Does that mean my local San Francisco channels including the ones on 148 will have there original numbers... 2, 4, 5, 7... etc???

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
Darin (Welcome to DBStalk.COM) :hi:

Chances are when you get your dish installed the channels will be only on the 8000's, this is because they are just begining to roll out the new software. But if your receivers are OpenTV receivers (which chances are they WILL be) then you should get the update in the next few weeks)

Scott

·
Hall Of Fame
1,117 Posts
Does anybody know when the 501's might get the upgrade? I know that it was announced they would be getting it, but it seems Dish likes to make the 501 last on updates since it's already such a "great receiver."

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
Darin,

If you do not have a dish pointed at 148, you will not get those additional channels (either at the 8000 range or the CH 2-69 range). Only way to get the "Less important locals according to dish" to show up in the guide or to show up on screen need the 148. But those 148 sat based channels should show up at their correct 2-69 positions

But since they are giving away the equipment for those who want it, you may get that by default. You may have to ask for it after initial installation, which may require a return visit???

·
Icon
844 Posts
I wonder what channel KNTV (San Francisco) will land on. They are broadcast OTA on VHF 11, but they call themselves "NBC3" and they're carried on channel 3 on virtually every cable system in the Bay Area.

-Lyle J.P.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
I assume that whatever the OTA channel is it the channel that Charlie will use, not being one to follow cable's lead :D

·
Damn you woman!
5,205 Posts
In Phoenix, they DirecTV maps them to their OTA number, not their "cable" number. I would assume that Charlie will do the same....

G

·
Darin, if the 301 you are getting is virgin (never been programmed) then you should get the most up-to-date software when it takes the first download at time of install.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
It may be serial# based, as I did not recieve the update to my 301 yet. So a "Virgin" machine may only get the latest SW it's serial# will allow. I thought the 4700/4900 was the only system that had soooo many units that it required multiple runs to get all #s. But since the 301 is the only Non-PVR or NON-HD unit in production, there must be alot of them as well

·
Hall Of Fame
7,472 Posts
Originally posted by darin
I am getting Dish Network installed Monday. Does that mean my local San Francisco channels including the ones on 148 will have there original numbers... 2, 4, 5, 7... etc???
Maybe - depends on what receiver(s) you are getting. Even if the receivers you are getting are slated to get this, doesn't mean you will get it immediately either. This is a project that is supposed to go through the end of July.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.