DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· DBSTalk Club Member
146 Posts
k2ue said:
Instead of the usual West-Coast-first rollout, why doesn't DirecTV rollout to Zip Codes WITHOUT HD LIL first -- that way people with HD LIL won't face any new OTA-related bugs until they are found and fixed, and the non-HD LIL folks will get something new and useful as compensation for putting up with the initial bugs.

Or is that too logical for a big company to deal with?

(Edited -- I meant HD Local-In-Local, not SD LIL).
I'd agree with that. How many folks that already get LIL are going to mess around with an antenna? I know I am not....

· DBSTalk Club Member
146 Posts
harsh said:
Those who want a fighting chance at access to PBS-HD and other majors like CW and MNTV are screaming for OTA.
I always forget about PBS-HD, they do have some good programming. Do CW and MNTV(?) have any HD content? I am not familiar with MNTV, and never watch CW.

harsh said:
Then there are the digital subchannels that aren't otherwise available.
Yeah in my area most of the sub channels only show weather radar, no big loss.

harsh said:
Those dozens of markets that have HD but remain completely unserved by HD LIL are also clamoring. Finally, in markets as large as #14 and #23 who are missing two of the bigs, OTA is imperative.
That is why the people that fall into these groups should get OTA first.

harsh said:
Not everyone is so one dimensional that their needs can be served by two, three or four bigs.
True, let me quantify my comments a bit more. One of the things mentioned was a priority list, maybe DTV could work something out so folks that really want/need OTA for their entertainment could sign up and get it first. It really would be wasted on someone in my situation, the only thing I would ever watch OTA would be the occasional PBS show. With my equipment, HR20 via component to a HD RPTV desperately in need of calibration, you cannot notice much, if any difference in M4 and OTA. Granted that is MY situation. I would forego the OTA upgrade if it would help someone out that really needed it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.