DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Mentor
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. First off, thanks for all of your reports, info and insight. I finally made the jump to 3 HR20-700's after much consideration. I was using 2 UltimateTV boxes for the past 6 years or so and had a basic Tivo unit.

Overall - here are my impressions:

1. Received 2 of the 3 so far. Install went fine except one of the units' audio does not work on the non-local HiDef channels. I tried everything multple times and now have a new unit waiting to be swapped out in my living room. I'll keep everyone posted. Odd though, sound is fine on local HD channels just none of the others are working. Hook up is component with RCA audio (std def older TV).

2. I have had 2 big recording problems so far. One was missing most of the 1st quarter recording of the HiDef Steelers/Ravens game on Sunday (Steelers fan so I was actually happy I didn't waste too much time on the game ;) ) but VERY frustrating nonetheless.

The other issue was Prison Break on Monday night in HiDef. It showed as recording but I was unable to play back. Luckily my wife started to watch a few minutes into the show and didn't miss much but she was peeved to say the least. The viewing of Prison Break was fine with no breakups etc. so I'm not sure why the recording didn't work?!?! I don't know about the feed for the Steeler's game as I couldn't be home to watch and record at the same time.

Otherwise I like a lot of the features. I do dread that I will get the 'this never recorded' call from the wife which I am NOT happy about but we'll have to see. I have very little confidence at this point in the recording but I am hoping this will be worked out soon.

I am testing these units as they will be part of a whole house A/V sharing system via Crestron once I move in February. Hoping they have the bugs worked out as I don't want to have to keep going to the basement to reset 3 units on the rack.

Anyone else have trouble with these local feeds for the Steelers or Prison Break this week? That would certainly make me feel a little bit better.

Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Jay

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.