DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Godfather
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting a couple days ago I am noticing a lot of picture break up and freezing. In addition, I am getting periodic 771B errors. I have not made any changes to my system in months and I haven't added any new DVRs. This is not happening on just one DVR. I have seen it on all my DVRs.

What could be causing this issue and what can I do to try to diagnose and rectify it?

I have a SWM-16 switch which feeds 2 8-way splitters.

·
Godfather
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stuart Sweet said:
771B means that too many tuners have been allocated.

Could you describe what receivers are connected to each leg of the SWM?
I have 4 DVRs on each of the legs (splitters). These are a combination of HR20s, HR22s and HR24s. In addition, I believe I have a the power inserter on one of the splitters.

What confuses me is that I have not made any changes in well over a year.

I am also getting intermittent 771 errors too.

Is it possible my SWM16 is failing?

·
Godfather
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stuart Sweet said:
It is possible but not likely.

Have you tried unplugging all your equipment, plugging in the power inserter, then 5 minutes later powering up the receivers?

I've heard of cases where a full SWM can benefit from this, and it's a good diagnostic procedure.
I am willing to try anything other than climbing on the roof.

I'll try it and report back.

Thanks Stuart.

·
Godfather
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stuart, I think that did it. My signal strengths are now all in the 90s again. I didn't mention in my initial post that the levels were low with a lot of zeros. And the system was slow in posting the levels. In addition, the SWMs are now all at 100. Before they were mostly zero. I guess I should do this periodically

Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.