DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had The Genie (HR 34/700) installed on Wednesday and I am having a problem with both of my iPad and iPhone apps utilizing the "voice search on screen feature".
It works mainly for the first search, and then returns a message of "technical problems", "please try again later".
Has this happened to anyone else? It's a real downer due to the new technology and my ability to use it immediately. I have gone through all of my settings and set-up options, making sure that my receivers and phone are all hooked to the same wifi networks.
Anyone ??
Love this site and board. You guys do a hell of a job here.
Happy Thanksgiving1

·
Genius.
20,073 Posts
have not seen that message. What is the verbatim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The first one, on the app, says " I'm sorry, voice control could not be initialized"....That's when it won't even let me get to the TV screen, like now.
When I can get on, I said "Search for Seinfeld", and it found all upcoming shows. And now, I will try a second command...
"search for "honeymooners"

ERROR--Sorry, there appears to be an issue
We're sorry, we encountered a technical issue. Please try again later.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,119 Posts
Yes...I've seen that too. Trying to use voice command on my iPhone 5s results in exactly the same problem. On startup, voice command fails to initialize 3 out of 4 times. If you get it to initialize, it actually returns a result the first time you use it, after that it just says "We're sorry, we encountered a technical issue. Please try again later"

Even when it works, the results are underwhelming. When asked to "find James Bond Movies" yesterday (when 3 such movies were playing) it returned the response that it could find no James Bond movies and returned about 30 other titles. If asked to find "Bond" movies, it returned a dozen films, only one of which was actually a Bond movie and totally missed the other two that were on, and the 4 or 5 scheduled for later in the day.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. You hit it right on the head. I'm going to keep testing it out . On my iPad last night I had three successful searches.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just wanted to thank everyone for the feedback.
It seems as though the app has improved, and speaking a little bit clearer, as well as with shorter, more concise commands, has helped a great deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.