DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· AllStar
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the installer coming tonight. I'm switching from Comcast but keeping the internet and the VOIP. One of the bedrooms has no cable jack. Is it a custom install to hook up that room? Do they normally run wires through the existing cable jacks? I just want to make sure I don't have to pay the guy because I can't pay him right now.

· Hall Of Fame
1,177 Posts
no, its not custom work to run a cable in that room. if you want a box installed in that room, a line will be ran. just make sure they dont disconnect your internet...they will probably need to run new cable to each room in the house that you want a directv box in.

· AllStar
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the fast reply. How will be the line be ran in? That room is at the front of the house while the bedroom and family room (I have 3 TV's) are near the back. The 2 bedrooms touch corner to corner. The TV in the room that has a jack is near the window and the TV is by the back window in the family room as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.