DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm moving in two days, and my TV provider choices come down to Dish, DirecTV, or Suddenlink. After dealing with Suddenlink in the past and vowing never again, I started researching between Dish and DirecTV a few weeks ago. I finally decided to go with Dish.

The only thing I'm not thrilled about is the Hopper's 3 tuners. I like the idea of PTAT, but I also know we watch a lot of shows not on the major networks. So I would like to be able to eventually have a setup that has 2 Hoppers connected to each other once the update is sent out (whenever that may be).

So my (long winded) question is this: As a new customer, am I better off ordering 1 Hopper and 2 Joeys initially? Or should I go ahead and order the extra Hopper now, even though I cannot connect the two together? I realize the the Joeys would be able to see both Hoppers independently, but my goal is to have both Hoppers connected essentially giving me double the number of tuners.

·
Hall Of Fame
6,099 Posts
You are only a new customer once for the most part. Get the hardware you want at first as it will most likely be the cheapest that way. Then when the update comes out to link the 2 hoppers you are ready to go.

·
Icon
678 Posts
Always get what you want right away.
Having worked the phones for Dish in the past I cant tell you how many times a customer didnt get exactly what they wanted the first time around and thought they could wait, only to find out that they would have to pay full price for the receivers afterward.

As lparsons21 said, your only a new customer once.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.