DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Mentor
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just moved from D* to E* yesterday and have a quick question.

I noticed that there are more then one channel for most HD stations. Is there a difference between channel positions>? For example I have Big10 on both 9467 and 439. I have the vip722 and just want to make sure i am getting the most out of it.

· Hall Of Fame
3,182 Posts
Dish using a mapping down feature to have the channel available at two locations within the guide, most are next to the sd version of the channel while others put the channel along other channels of the same theme. You can customize which location you want by either setting up favorite's lists or using the receiver's lock function to hide channels in the guide by hiding locked channels.

· Mentor
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
garys said:
Dish using a mapping down feature to have the channel available at two locations within the guide, most are next to the sd version of the channel while others put the channel along other channels of the same theme. You can customize which location you want by either setting up favorite's lists or using the receiver's lock function to hide channels in the guide by hiding locked channels.
Thanks I just wanted to make sure one was not MPEG2 and the other MPEG4

· Icon
695 Posts
Use the lower channel. The upper channel number might change if they move it to another source satellite. Then again, they have moved the lower channel numbers from time to time also like TBS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.