DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Legend
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an HD receiver on one set and a regular dvr on another set. I am getting a free HR20 to use on my hd tv. Just wondering what people think about it? I had a bunch of software problems with my regular dvr. I had to reboot the whole system from scratch to get it corrected. I also see a lot of software questions here. I assume this unit will download the newer software. Any bits of advice would be helpful.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
12,558 Posts
You'll find lots of stories about the new HR20 HD DVR here. Don't let the negative slant scare you, though. Most folks only come here when they have a problem, so you don't see too many positive posts here. In my opinion the HR20 is now a reliable DVR and you'll likely be happy with one.

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Like anything new, it takes a bit to get used to the interface - the DirecTIVO was much more intuitive, but the H20 get's the job done. As for problems, other than suddenly dropping 3 OTA's last night (my other 2 boxes - H20 and HR10-250 - did the same) I really don't have any complaints about the unit. Oh, it is noisier than the TIVO (you notice that when it's in a bedroom) and could use a cooling fan....I've only had mine for about a month, but I'm happy.

·
Legend
159 Posts
zipbags said:
I have an HD receiver on one set and a regular dvr on another set. I am getting a free HR20 to use on my hd tv. Just wondering what people think about it? I had a bunch of software problems with my regular dvr. I had to reboot the whole system from scratch to get it corrected. I also see a lot of software questions here. I assume this unit will download the newer software. Any bits of advice would be helpful.

Thanks!!
There's this thread as well on how to migrate from Tivo to HR20

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=69404

·
DBSTalk Club Member
721 Posts
zipbags said:

Thanks!!
All I can say is, whatever minor problems I have had with the equipment and service, it's all worth it to be able to view, record and playback HD programming.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
1,364 Posts
Slip Jigs said:
All I can say is, whatever minor problems I have had with the equipment and service, it's all worth it to be able to view, record and playback HD programming.
Ditto: there are a few things i miss about directivo but overall happier each week

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Check out the new Information Resources subforum for an excellent survival guide and other well-written documents.

·
ke6cdn
424 Posts
zipbags said:
I have an HD receiver on one set and a regular dvr on another set. I am getting a free HR20 to use on my hd tv. Just wondering what people think about it? I had a bunch of software problems with my regular dvr. I had to reboot the whole system from scratch to get it corrected. I also see a lot of software questions here. I assume this unit will download the newer software. Any bits of advice would be helpful.Thanks!!
The HR20 is a "work in progress" but well worth the wait. It has great promise and is improving all the time. And the super helpful people on this forum are an "undocumented" feature.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.