DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· AllStar
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 6.3a update.

OK I don't know if anybody found this yet. I kept having problems with the skip sometimes going to the end of the program and not just 30 sec. Well I figured out how it works (I tried it on both of my Hr10-250's).

While fast forward or rewinding (not skipping) press the skip forward button (not the skip back) and it will take you to the next 15 minute marker, keep pressing the forward skip (while your are fast winding forward or back) and you can go to the beginning or end of the show.

Neat trick.

· AllStar
56 Posts
FastEddie said:
I have the 6.3a update.

OK I don't know if anybody found this yet. I kept having problems with the skip sometimes going to the end of the program and not just 30 sec. Well I figured out how it works (I tried it on both of my Hr10-250's).

While fast forward or rewinding (not skipping) press the skip forward button (not the skip back) and it will take you to the next 15 minute marker, keep pressing the forward skip (while your are fast winding forward or back) and you can go to the beginning or end of the show.

Neat trick.
Yes, I've been using this for more than a year. Since I use a Harmony remote and the buttons are not one for one with the TiVo remote you need to experiment to see which buttons on the Harmony operate the TiVo remote's buttons. While doing this I found this feature. I assumed everyone using a regular remote already did this. Anyway, it goes to the next marker whether 15, 30 or 60 minute markers depending on how long your recording is. During US Open, which is like 8 hours the markers are 1 hour apart.

· AllStar
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jeffstra said:
Yes, I've been using this for more than a year. Since I use a Harmony remote and the buttons are not one for one with the TiVo remote you need to experiment to see which buttons on the Harmony operate the TiVo remote's buttons. While doing this I found this feature. I assumed everyone using a regular remote already did this. Anyway, it goes to the next marker whether 15, 30 or 60 minute markers depending on how long your recording is. During US Open, which is like 8 hours the markers are 1 hour apart.
I didn't think this feature was available on 3.1.5F. I have never seen any threads about this either.

· Hall Of Fame
3,985 Posts
I've been doing that for years with my TiVos. And I believe the "Rewind/Skip" during live programs prior to 6.3 did not take you to the beginning, but does now after 6.3.

Nice tip for those that don't know already, though!

· Hall Of Fame
1,137 Posts
i have been doing this on all my tivo dvr's and hd dvr

· AllStar
63 Posts
Thanks, I have been wandering if there was a way to do this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.