DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Cool Member
18 Posts
I am 2 days in and my HR20 is almost unusable. Hit the guide button 10 seconds later the guide comes up and works ok, but hit menu and wait another 10-15 seconds for it to fully come up. I hope another 48hrs will fix the issue.

·
Cool Member
18 Posts
I love to look of the GUI but if only the guide is sped up, then my code is shi.............zt. Been with dtv since 95 and never had my boxes be worthless. HR20 is about as fast as the the first panasonic HD receiver (10 years later I recall it being sloooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww). To be clear, I am a directv coolaid drinking customer, but this update has killed my boxes - no other system changes.

·
Cool Member
18 Posts
CCarncross said:
So everyone that says their model(s) are slower or much slower, how many have whole home? How many don't? How many have at least run a simple HDD diagnostics tests through the DVR's menu system to verify that their HDD's are not giving any errors? How about signal strengths?
I have 3 DVR's (1- HR20 and 2 black ones after that HR21?) Whole home via ethernet. After a week the system is again usable - guide is certainly faster, but other screens lag. My mermory is now so distorted I can't say with certainty that non guide functions are slower, but it really feels like it. I only use the HR20, the family uses the other boxes and they didn't comment eitherway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.