DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
8,426 Posts
kikkenit2 said:
I have used 7 HR20 dvr's for years. Never known for speed, they are reliable and stable. This new software is clearly too fancy for the cpu and memory of these older models. It trys to do too many things and slows some functions down drastically.
So is is Time to Upgrade to a HR24? :)

·
Hall Of Fame
8,426 Posts
kikkenit2 said:
If directv will give me 3 hr34's for free I may consider it. I need 14 tuners and still have 20 hard drives full of good stuff to watch. Slow but it works so i'll get by. Now if they would give me a shortcut to the "to do" list and free hd back i'm content. The HR24 isn't worth the upgrade hassle for me. I still appreciate the advice though.
We would all like the Shortcut to The TODOLIST!!!

Hopefully one day we will get it! The HR24 is Great and I don't understand why you don't play the CSR Roulette Game and try to get a Better Deal!!!

·
Hall Of Fame
8,426 Posts
NoOTA said:
WHY!!!!!!!!!!!! Why do I have to have the pig-dog-slow one while your is fast?

It's not the drive, as this slow speed came and went with loading the HD vs the old SD GUI, but the old GUI is no longer an option.

Also loose all the stored recording if get a new unit, as they are tied to the unit ID, not my account ID. If I'm going to loose all, I might as well look around for other options...
Frustrating.
Well, I would Suggest buying an Owned HR24-500 and the Replace the Internal Hard Drive with a 2 TB WD20EADS and be done with it!!!

All 5 of my Owned HR24-500 are Fast because I have Replaced the Internal Hard Drive with a Faster 2 TB WD20EADS Drive and they all work Fast.

However, others with HR24-500s and other model HR24s are experience Sluggishness and the Only Difference is that I Replaced my Internal Drive with a Faster Drive with a Larger Cache Buffer Area.

If you can afford to lose your Recordings this is my Recommendation or buy an HR34 and Replace the Internal Hard Drive with a Faster Drive with a Larger Cache.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.