DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· AllStar
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a recent E* to D* ship jumper... I've got a couple R15's and HR20's through the lease program.

My inlaws are going to be visiting for a couple weeks the end of this month. My goal is to get a basic receiver for the guest room, activate it just for the inlaws' visit, then deactivate it. Is there any reason I couldn't buy a cheap used receiver off Ebay and do this? Or is there any way to do it through D*'s lease program (I'm assuming not, since I doubt they'd let me deactivate it after a month).

· Hall Of Fame
3,985 Posts
If you get one through the lease program, you'd have to return it once you deactivate it.

Your best bet would be to pick up a cheap one and go that route. As long as you're keeping your other equipment active, I don't think you should have a problem doing this. One thing to be aware of, if you pick up a used receiver off of eBay or something, you will more than likely need to purchase a new access card from D* (around $20). And make sure that once you activate it, you contact the access card department to make sure they have it on your account as "owned" and not "leased". If it is on your account as leased, you will be expected to return it or pay a Non-Return Fee.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.