DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I been reading this forum and perhaps the answer is too simple that I don't see any posts about it.

I have 1 HD and 1 SD set, 2 RG6 runs from the Satellite to my cable center in closet, here of course I have cables goign to all outlets in my house.

I need to power 4 tvs, 2 HD and 2 SDS.

How would I do this?

And a more simple question. How do you even conect tv2 in another room ? All I see is composite outputs, how would that reach the other room 50 feet away? Hardwire?!?!? Or do I use Home distribution outlet?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,105 Posts
castcore said:
Hi there, I been reading this forum and perhaps the answer is too simple that I don't see any posts about it.

I have 1 HD and 1 SD set, 2 RG6 runs from the Satellite to my cable center in closet, here of course I have cables goign to all outlets in my house.

I need to power 4 tvs, 2 HD and 2 SDS.

How would I do this?

And a more simple question. How do you even conect tv2 in another room ? All I see is composite outputs, how would that reach the other room 50 feet away? Hardwire?!?!? Or do I use Home distribution outlet?
Castcore,
To run your 2 HD TV's, you should get a 622 HD DVR Dual-TV Dual-tuner receiver, and a 211 single HD TV receiver.
That will take care of your 2 HD displays.
The 622 will also run one of your SD displays, just like having a separate tuner. It connects with regular RG6 coax. The SD TV(s) running as TV2 off the 622 also gives full access to the DVR functions, of course, only in SD.
For you last SD TV, if you want it to have independent operations of your other SD TV, you will need a standard SD receiver. If it is OK to just mirror the first SD TV to the second SD TV, you would use the home distribution, and connect both SD TV's as the TV2 to the 622.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kdg454 said:
Castcore,
To run your 2 HD TV's, you should get a 622 HD DVR Dual-TV Dual-tuner receiver, and a 211 single HD TV receiver.
That will take care of your 2 HD displays.
The 622 will also run one of your SD displays, just like having a separate tuner. It connects with regular RG6 coax. The SD TV(s) running as TV2 off the 622 also gives full access to the DVR functions, of course, only in SD.
For you last SD TV, if you want it to have independent operations of your other SD TV, you will need a standard SD receiver. If it is OK to just mirror the first SD TV to the second SD TV, you would use the home distribution, and connect both SD TV's as the TV2 to the 622.
Thanks for the reply, I actually bought my own 622, so I will have two 622s. But looking at the back of the 622, I am not sure how you would connect a SD tv2 in another room 30 feet away. I have a media /cable center in my closet that goes to each room but what connectordo u use in the back of the 622? That is where I am stuck on.

·
Mentor
35 Posts
castcore said:
Thanks for the reply, I actually bought my own 622, so I will have two 622s. But looking at the back of the 622, I am not sure how you would connect a SD tv2 in another room 30 feet away. I have a media /cable center in my closet that goes to each room but what connectordo u use in the back of the 622? That is where I am stuck on.
The 622 has a coaxial output for TV2.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,479 Posts
castcore said:
This 'COAXIAL OUTPUT' you speak of is the home distribution one right?
That's what the instruction manual recommends.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,105 Posts
castcore said:
This 'COAXIAL OUTPUT' you speak of is the home distribution one right?
Correct.
Click HERE
The coax should run from the output marked in the picture to the input of your TV2. It doesn't matter if it gets from the 622 to your TV2 through your home distribution in your closet.
Then set your 622 to dual-mode, and set the Modulator Setup TV2 channel. (Menu >6 >1 >5)
Then set your TV2 to the same channel you setup on Modulator Setup

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kdg454 said:
Correct.

The coax should run from the output marked in the picture to the input of your TV2. It doesn't matter if it gets from the 622 to your TV2 through your home distribution in your closet.
Then set your 622 to dual-mode, and set the Modulator Setup TV2 channel. (Menu >6 >1 >5)
Then set your TV2 to the same channel you setup on Modulator Setup
Great, that clears it up, thanks so much for your help. Now obviously I need 4 diplexers here, is there a website to the exact ones I should use at a reasonable price? I am thinking buyng some extra ones as well as they seem handy to have aroud.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,479 Posts
castcore said:
Great, that clears it up, thanks so much for your help. Now obviously I need 4 diplexers here, is there a website to the exact ones I should use at a reasonable price? I am thinking buyng some extra ones as well as they seem handy to have aroud.
Diplexers are available at reasonable prices on eBay as well as online satellite retailers like Sadoun. Don't pay more than $10 each (delivered).

Don't confuse diplexers with "splitters" or "separators".

·
Hall Of Fame
1,105 Posts
castcore said:
I believe Harsh is correct. Based on your description, I think it is "splitters" you want, or perhaps just some couplers.
Both are inexpensive, and available anywhere...WalMart, Lowes, etc.

Do you have OTA?

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,479 Posts
kdg454 said:
I believe Harsh is correct. Based on your description, I think it is "splitters" you want, or perhaps just some couplers.
Actually, I suspicion that castcore really does need diplexers. I get the feeling that the desire is to "backfeed" the TV2 RF signal back to the distribution box using the satellite feed cable.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,105 Posts
harsh said:
Actually, I suspicion that castcore really does need diplexers. I get the feeling that the desire is to "backfeed" the TV2 RF signal back to the distribution box using the satellite feed cable.
We never get the whole story from the start of the thread :lol:

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
harsh said:
Actually, you are right. I am sorry I was vague because frankly I had no clue of what I was doing. But after reading up and finding a diagram on DIshnetwork's site tech portal for installation/wiring of 2 DVRs, I do in fact need 4 Diplexers.

·
3 Posts
castcore said:
Actually, you are right. I am sorry I was vague because frankly I had no clue of what I was doing. But after reading up and finding a diagram on DIshnetwork's site tech portal for installation/wiring of 2 DVRs, I do in fact need 4 Diplexers.
What is the URL of that tech portal/diagram? I overlooked this thread just posted the same cabling question.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,105 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.