DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am one of those frustrated, bewildered E* (former) DNS subs, who isn't very happy right now. How do I determine if I am in a "white" area, or does that even have relevance now? I had the signal test done when we originally got our dish receiver from my in-laws, which proved we couldn't get anything OTA.

I have lurked through a myriad of posts, and I still wasn't able to find out how to find this info. Also, couldn't find definition of LIL.

Please have pity on me! I am doing this way too late at night!

Thanks ever so much.

·
622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,880 Posts
:welcome_s Jocelyn

If you are in OC, you can get Dish locals both HD and SD. Maybe it is too late for me too....

·
Super Moderator
53,487 Posts
Jocelyn said:
Hi, I am one of those frustrated, bewildered E* (former) DNS subs, who isn't very happy right now. How do I determine if I am in a "white" area, or does that even have relevance now?
As of this Friday white areas won't mean a thing on E*. They already don't mean a thing for you (being in an area that has it's own locals on satellite) unless you had distants in December 2004 and have not cancelled them. (New customers and those who did not have distants in December 2004 cannot get distants in markets served by locals.) There is no "white" within markets with their own local network affiliate uplinked.
Jocelyn said:
Also, couldn't find definition of LIL.
"Local into local" ... it is where the satellite company picks up a market's locals and rebroadcasts them via satellite to customer within that same market. A local station into it's own local area.

·
EKB Editor
4,022 Posts

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
James Long said:
As of this Friday white areas won't mean a thing on E*. They already don't mean a thing for you (being in an area that has it's own locals on satellite) unless you had distants in December 2004 and have not cancelled them. (New customers and those who did not have distants in December 2004 cannot get distants in markets served by locals.) There is no "white" within markets with their own local network affiliate uplinked."Local into local" ... it is where the satellite company picks up a market's locals and rebroadcasts them via satellite to customer within that same market. A local station into it's own local area.
James, I tracked down from E* that in 1999 we had the signal test done and had a valid grade B waiver. I never cancelled distant networks this whole time to present. Does this give me any leg to stand on, or only if I switch to D*? I appreciate your helpful response.
Jocelyn

·
Super Moderator
53,487 Posts
Transferring waivers? I would not count on it. The best bet would be to check with DirecTV and see if they will honor the waivers.

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ron Barry said:
:welcome_s Jocelyn

If you are in OC, you can get Dish locals both HD and SD. Maybe it is too late for me too....
Thanks for the warm welcome! I only wish I wasn't here under these circumstances! (DNC issue with E*) :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.