DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· AllStar
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had HMC installed 1/9/12. HR34, H24, 2-H25.
1. FF on HR34 with old guide works instantaneous, H24 and H25 with new guide has a 3-4 second delay before FF. Is this a receiver issue, guide issue, or other?

2. I paused a HR34 playback. When I went to H25 to continue watching and hit resume it started at the beginning. I stopped the playback and did a RBR, went back to HR34 watched for awhile, went back to H25, hit resume again and it resume from where it(H25) had previously been stopped, not at HR34 spot. Is this normal operation(should there be different resume points)?

3. H25 freezes for many very short periods when playing back a recording(H34 works fine on same recording). RBR stopped it from happening the first time, but when it happened again the next day RBR didn't stop it. Could this be a bad receiver? I did a system test and it showed no error codes.

4. Is there any reason to have my H24 as opposed to the H25 at the 2nd most important TV?

Thanks.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
9,461 Posts
tomallison24 said:
Had HMC installed 1/9/12. HR34, H24, 2-H25.
. . . .

2. I paused a HR34 playback. When I went to H25 to continue watching and hit resume it started at the beginning. I stopped the playback and did a RBR, went back to HR34 watched for awhile, went back to H25, hit resume again and it resume from where it(H25) had previously been stopped, not at HR34 spot. Is this normal operation(should there be different resume points)?

. . . .

Thanks.
Had that happen once. The next time, I Pause first, than Stop and there was no issue. Since then I have just Stop with good Resume with the H25.
 

· 1*
Joined
·
9,917 Posts
tomallison24 said:
Had HMC installed 1/9/12. HR34, H24, 2-H25.
1. FF on HR34 with old guide works instantaneous, H24 and H25 with new guide has a 3-4 second delay before FF. Is this a receiver issue, guide issue, or other?

2. I paused a HR34 playback. When I went to H25 to continue watching and hit resume it started at the beginning. I stopped the playback and did a RBR, went back to HR34 watched for awhile, went back to H25, hit resume again and it resume from where it(H25) had previously been stopped, not at HR34 spot. Is this normal operation(should there be different resume points)?

3. H25 freezes for many very short periods when playing back a recording(H34 works fine on same recording). RBR stopped it from happening the first time, but when it happened again the next day RBR didn't stop it. Could this be a bad receiver? I did a system test and it showed no error codes.

4. Is there any reason to have my H24 as opposed to the H25 at the 2nd most important TV?

Thanks.
2. The "Pause and continue watching" line that DirecTV uses is a little off. In order to do that, you really need to hit Stop on the first receiver. Then when you go to the other receiver you can hit Resume or just hit Play from the PlayList and it will continue from where you left off.

4. I would probably put the H24 at my least used TV. The H25, along with being super-small, is the faster receiver that DirecTV has out there right now.

- Merg
 

· AllStar
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Merg said:
2. The "Pause and continue watching" line that DirecTV uses is a little off. In order to do that, you really need to hit Stop on the first receiver. Then when you go to the other receiver you can hit Resume or just hit Play from the PlayList and it will continue from where you left off.

4. I would probably put the H24 at my least used TV. The H25, along with being super-small, is the faster receiver that DirecTV has out there right now.

- Merg
2. I'll try stop 1st. I definitely had it just on pause.
4. Huh, didn't know the H25 was faster than the H24.

Any ideas on 1 and 3?
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
3,263 Posts
tomallison24 said:
2. I'll try stop 1st. I definitely had it just on pause.
4. Huh, didn't know the H25 was faster than the H24.

Any ideas on 1 and 3?
On #1, I think what you're seeing is a bit of a lag when using trickplay locally vs. remotely. The H24 and H25 are playing from the HR34 and there can be a bit of a lag compared to using trickplay on the local box. I would guess that this will improve as the HR34's firmware matures.

I think that #3 may improve with the firmware as well.

And, yeah, the H25 is a screamer! :)
 

· Registered
Joined
·
9,461 Posts
Go Beavs said:
On #1, I think what you're seeing is a bit of a lag when using trickplay locally vs. remotely. The H24 and H25 are playing from the HR34 and there can be a bit of a lag compared to using trickplay on the local box. I would guess that this will improve as the HR34's firmware matures.

I think that #3 may improve with the firmware as well.

And, yeah, the H25 is a screamer! :)
Run the System Test
 

· AllStar
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Merg said:
Actually, they probably want to run the DECA tests.

- Merg
I do not know what the deca test is. I see a system test and a network test but that is all, unless it has something to do with the deca adapter itself.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top